Final opinion of an HRM to purchase....

Lisamarie7574
Lisamarie7574 Posts: 70 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Okay, so I'm about to purchase a new HRM online today. Is it true that the Polar FT4 seems like the way to go if you want a HRM that works great but is pretty basic and not a FORTUNE? I'm an amateur athlete at best and I don't need any bells and whistles and this one seems to have gotten good reviews by everyone.

True?

Thanks!

Replies

• mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    i have a sigma pc9 and am very happy with it, found it on line for undr $40.
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    i like it!
  • mokellyp
    mokellyp Posts: 10 Member
    I just purchased a Sportline SX from Walmart for $47 and it is working great for me. I looked at Polars as well but opted to spend less. It has some crazy functions on it, but after getting it set up and using it once I know how to get to the functions I want and it's a piece of cake.
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    I have the polar FT4 and do not like it. I do not believe it calculates calories correctly. Everything else I compare it to and it is wrong. If you want something just to monitor your heart rate it is basic and the chest strap is comfortable but in my case I think the calorie count is off and if you do a google search you will see many others with the same issue
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    I recently just purchased the Polar FT4 and I LOVE IT! It's simple and easy to use. I ordered mine off of Amazon. I had bookmarked it, and I would debate back and forth as to when and whether I wanted to purchase it. One day it was marked down to $61 (compared to the normal $80, I kept seeing!) so I went ahead and bought it. I even got next day shipping for an extra $17 - which still put the total cost under $80. The next day I clicked the same bookmark and it was back up to $85... So I definitely got lucky with it!
  • sophia_uk
    sophia_uk Posts: 152 Member
    I have the Polar FT4 and I really like it! Its easy to use and looks good. The chest strap is really comfortable too!
  • I just ordered the POlar FT4 last night off Amazon, $75 with free shipping. I had bought a Sportline DUO, but didn't open it - way too many functions = not too user friendly. I'm hoping the FT4 is the way to go.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    I just got the FT4 from Amazon, and I think it's fab. Well worth the money and I'm pretty sure the cals burned are accurate.
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    polar ft7 all the way! I love mine. I have used it for over a year and have had no complaints!!!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Anyone know if the Women's FT4 is only available in bronze? I'd like to get a silver one...
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    I originally purchased the Sportsline SX from Walmart. What a piece of crap! It went right back! I then buckled down and spent the extra money on the Polar FT4 and I absolutely love it! The calorie counts are well in line with all the research I have done. It is easy to use and comfortable. I got mine is silver, I liked it better than the orange, hope this helps :)
  • sedric
    sedric Posts: 48 Member
    I have the Mio Motiva for about 50 bucks. It allows you to put in your current weight, height, etc...to calculate a true calorie burn.
This discussion has been closed.