Why you want to lose your weight?

Options
Hi guys:smile: ! while I was answering on the short and long terms rewards it made me think and remember why I want to lose the weight!!!?

Each one of us has his/her own reasons... Please lets share them with others!! so we can remember them and keep our motivations up.

Why I want to lose 40 pounds:

1) I don't want to look like my mom ( I adore her by the way) don't get me wrong
2) I don't want my kids to look at me later in life the way I look at my mom
3) I want to feel sexy
4) I want my husband to desire me more
5) I want to look at the mirror and see a better me

:flowerforyou: Thanks for sharing

Replies

• playinwfire
    Options
    Hi guys:smile: ! while I was answering on the short and long terms rewards it made me think and remember why I want to lose the weight!!!?

Each one of us has his/her own reasons... Please lets share them with others!! so we can remember them and keep our motivations up.

Why I want to lose 40 pounds:

1) I don't want to look like my mom ( I adore her by the way) don't get me wrong
    2) I don't want my kids to look at me later in life the way I look at my mom
    3) I want to feel sexy
    4) I want my husband to desire me more
    5) I want to look at the mirror and see a better me

:flowerforyou: Thanks for sharing
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    See I have the opposite problem, I want to be more my moms weight, she weighs 125. My starting weight was 209. So we looked really funny side by side.:embarassed: Now that I have lost 47 lbs I feel alot better about myself. I still have 25-35 more lbs to go. My husband and I were both really overweight and we have two small boys (1 and 3) and we know that when they get older there is a big chance of them being overweight and we didnt want that for them so we both started changing. :happy: Now my goal is to be 125-135 and fight into a size 6. The biggest size I was in was 20. Right now I am in a 12 and feeling great. Great idea playinwfire, I have more motivation after writing this. Thank you:wink::bigsmile:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well, I want to look like the 26 yr old me before I got pg with my first child... :)
    I'm in a size 10-12 and feel good. Everyone tells me I look good but all I see is rolls... Yuck! That's the bad fat. I want to run and jump and play with my kids and have them look at me and say, "Wow, look at Mom go!!!"

Still working on it...
    I will get there (eventually)...

Angela :flowerforyou:
  • natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    well i personally want to loose weight cause i want to be more desirable to other men. lol, i know that sounds awful cause my baby daddy loves me dearly but i like to be noticed. i used to have a nice bod i was thick in a good way like big butt big boobs and small flat stomach. now im big everything and i hate it. i guess thats what babies do to you.
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    I want to get serious and lose weight because I'm tired of feeling horrible every morning in the shower, lamenting about how much time I'm wasting beating around the bush and not doing anything about it. And then the step on the scale and seeing no change (no gain, but no change) and just being disappointed. I think whats most depressing about it is we have total control over our weight, nobody is FORCING us to overeat, or not exercise, we do it to ourselves.

I'm finally to a point where I'm tired of waking up every morning being disappointed in myself for being weak the previous day! I want to be self-discplined each day so that I can be proud of myself the next morning. That's pretty drippy and sentimental sounding but thats my real motivation for losing weight. Of course theres always the usual reasons too...being able to feel good in my clothes, not feeling self-conscious at social gatherings, looking good for my husband, etc :laugh:
  • Kbrain228
    Options
    I want to loose weight for several reasons. 1) I'm ready to start a family but I have to get healthy to have a baby! 2) I want to be able to go into any store and buy clothes not just the big girls clothing stores. 3) I want to feel good and feel good about who I am and what I look like! 4) I would love to grow old with my husband and have a long healthy happy life! 5) I want to be able to do things and not think about my weight. For instence I want to be able to ride go carts, go to theme parks and not ride something that I want to because I don't want to be let down if the seat belt doesn't fit and then I have everyone looking at me because I have to get off the ride! I think that is pretty much it! This was a good idea even though I'm sad now, now I know what I've got to do and my motivation behind it! Good luck to everyone!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    neat idea playinwfire, I would like to lose the 10lbs I gained after starting midnight shifts last year, I can't afford a new wardrobe so I would like to fit in my old one!
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Partially ego, I confess. I worked out through much of my 20's and I would like to get back to looking like I did then.

Partially spiritual. I'm not a religeous person, but I believe I should try to follow a spiritual path for a better life. Improvement of body, mind and soul; they are 3 legs of the same stool.

Partially as an honour to my GF. I did not look like this when we met. :wink:

Partially for my health. At the 'obligatory' 30 - 40 lb overweight, I'm at increased risk of heart problems.
  • salterdsalter2
    Options
    I want to drop the weight because I have never weighed this much in my entire life. Not even during my third pregnancy where I weighed the most. I am 5'8" and weigh 146. (I weighed 143 w/ my third child) I usually weigh 125-130. I have always been very thin and actually had to battle to gain weight. I don't know what happened but over the last year the scale has climbed about 15 pounds.... It is very scary because I don't seem to be able to eat healthy. I am a snacker!! I want to feel good in clothes again and I want to tuck my shirt in and I want to wear a bikini.... Those are my reasons!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    1. I want to do yoga poses that don't require me to move my stomach out of the way.
    2. I want to look in the mirror and know I look hot.
    3. I want to beat those skinny non-exercisers at any physical activity. More push-ups, more sit-ups, faster cycling, etc - :laugh:
    4. I want to be able to do all those poses that Rodney Yee does in the yoga videos - arm balances in particular (see upper body strength video if you are curious).
    5. I want to live to 100 or more, and be active at 100, do a handstand at 100, and hear people say, "I can't believe she's 100 years old!"
    6. I want to have clothes that wear out, not grow smaller in the closet. Strange phenomenon, I know -- seems to happen to everyone, oddly enough.
    7. I want to weigh less than my husband - this has never happened. I'm denser I guess :tongue:
    8. Really, I want people to look at me and NOT think, "she's not trying hard enough." This is especially for verdant0green. Stop beating yourself up.
  • tdroseler
    Options
    This is a great topic. It sure is easy in the day to day to forget the basics, and the reasons why we are all doing what we do.

This may sound weird, but then again, there may be a few people out there that understand completey.
    I want my outside to match my inside.
    I don't feel fat on the inside. I feel like a beautiful, slender, compassionate, intelligent, warm-hearted human being. When i look in the mirror, what i see always shocks me. "Do i really look like that?" I see a confused, mousy, insecure, "blob". It is really different. When i am thinking about the realitly of what other people see when they look at me, i don't believe it, i don't see it. Maybe it is denial...but i like to believe that somewhere within me is that slender woman just trying to come out.
    I don't think that i have a split personality, lol...no, just an inner desire to really be, what my mind knows i can be.
    "They" say that a balanced person, balances heart, mind, body and soul...well, ive got 3 outta 4...and im greedy, i want the fourth...i want to be whole.
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Because I had my son relatively late ( at 38) I need to work hard to keep up with him. He is 11 now and Im 50 ( but I can still beat him on a mountain bike -:tongue: )
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Because I can.
    Wow that sounds good to say
    Because I can.
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight cause I've never felt so unhealthy before and I've never weighed that much. Before I started MFP I was 180lbs, my height being 5' 1". My last weigh in was 175 (im in the "i challenge you" thread so can't weigh in as yet)

I want to lose weight so i could look in the mirror and not see any "love handles", to have a flat stomach, to be admired by my fiance like before and to feel healthy and positive about me and to have and continue a healthy lifestyle.
  • playinwfire
    Options
    Thanks all and please keep it going each one of you reminded me about a point in my life!!!! Now it's time to say it's ENOUGH and lets do it

:flowerforyou:
  • JennyCam
    Options
    Hi Everybody....my reasons for losing weight are................................

1) I have carried it around long enough.
    2) I am nearing 40 and I want to reduce the risk of any future health problems while all is good! so that I can still be fun around grandkids ( when I have them, and it better not be for at least 15 years...:laugh: )
    3) Would actually like to go to a store and by something I REALLY LIKE...( ever notice that some of the plus size clothes are UGLY)?

We can all do this.......My recent motivation is having a full length mirror in my bedroom....Its not pretty...LOL

Good Luck to all us and may the future be smaller!:drinker:

Jen
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I would have to say health reasons at this point. I will be 50 in February and when I started at 205 lbs my blood pressure was getting out of hand. I was having problems with my knees hurting everyday and my family has a history of heart problems on my mom's side. So I needed to lose weight. But I found I enjoy looking skinnier and I enjoy the attention I'm getting from hubby. I'm not done losing weight but there has been a big improvement I have a goal of 150 lbs. I seem to be having a problem with the toning part. So I'm flabbier than I want to be. I looked at several sites you all mentioned in other posts. I keep saying I'll start but it just doesn't seem to have happened yet. So if you have any motivational ideas run em by me.
  • Furpaws
    Options
    Primarily health and longevity reasons. I want to live to be 100 (at 57, I'm past the half-way point) and be a healthy centenarian (is that the right word?). I weigh more now (currently 159 lbs, down from 165) than I have in all my years, thanks to a slowing metabolism and emotional BINGING. So getting my BMI in a healthy range is important to me. Every day I get closer to following a vegetarian diet - omitting most of the high GI carbs - and FEELING healthier, which is a huge incentive to stick with it!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    To live a longer and happier life.
    To see my kids grow old.
    To keep up with my kids.
    To feel sexy.
    To be healthy.
    And last but not least, I want to lose weight for me.
  • tdroseler
    Options
    kjllose: is that the newer you in the pic?