Help!!

Options
I am going to start the Biggest Loser Bootcamp work out tonight and I do not know how to figure out how many calories I will burn by doing it. I kind of feel dumb asking but I really don't know. The work out I usually do is tae bo and when I type that in it automatically gives you how many calories it burns. Please help!:huh:

Replies

• justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Before I purchased my hrm I always logged those types of workout dvds as circuit training.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    i have a HRM so i havent ever done it but i heard that if you log it under aerobics reg or high impact, it is pretty accurate.
  • mfiggs
    mfiggs Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help...where can I get an HRM?
  • mfiggs
    Options
    Thanks Toni!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options

You can look at sporting goods stores, walmart, target, amazon.... just make sure that you get one with a chest strap - they are the most accurate. I love my Polar F4!
  • maggieschuck
    Options
    I have a Polor HRM that I got at a sports store. They run about 100 bucks. I usually burn about 200 cal in 30 mins of DVD's. Having the HRM gives you the accurate cal burn.
  • mfiggs
    Options

You can look at sporting goods stores, walmart, target, amazon.... just make sure that you get one with a chest strap - they are the most accurate. I love my Polar F4!

I just looked on a website called fitness factory.com and there was a polar FT40 fitness companion, but it looks like a watch...would that still work?
  • mfiggs
    Options
    ok...now I feel really dumb...so they are like wrist watches but you buy the chest strap seperately...confused!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I got this from Ebay UK but you may be able to get it too on your Ebay. RSP 28 FUNCTION HEART RATE MONITOR WATCH ARC020
    It was £24.99 and has loads of functions and I wouldnt be without it.

The chest strap sends a signal to the watch and is far more accurate. I am wearing mine all day today as I have a very sedentary day today to see what I burn in total from getting up to going to bed.
  • sonjavon
    Options
    Mine came with the chest strap and watch. Don't feel dumb! I use mine 2 different ways... one is to measure how many calories I burn in an "average" day. A couple times a month, I'll wear it all day and measure calories burnt. What I've found is, the healthier I get - the less sedentary I am - so I need to change my activity level on MFP.

The other way is to use it to calculate workouts. It's really just a great tool to get a feel for how your body really works. I LOVE my HRM!
  • mfiggs
    Options
    Mine came with the chest strap and watch. Don't feel dumb! I use mine 2 different ways... one is to measure how many calories I burn in an "average" day. A couple times a month, I'll wear it all day and measure calories burnt. What I've found is, the healthier I get - the less sedentary I am - so I need to change my activity level on MFP.

The other way is to use it to calculate workouts. It's really just a great tool to get a feel for how your body really works. I LOVE my HRM!

Thanks so much...what kind is yours, because all the ones that I have seen do not come with the chest strap.
  • sonjavon
    Options
    Mine is a Polar F6, I THOUGHT I had an F4 - but my husband just came in, looked over my shoulder and corrected me... lol. He bought it for me 2 years ago for Mothers Day. It comes with the chest strap. I have purchased extra elastic parts of the strap because I wear mine to swim, to walk, and everything in between... I like to make sure I have a dry, clean one on hand at all times!
  • mcquinlan
    Options
    I got mine at Target and it was pretty inexpensive and it's New Balance. Here's a link. http://bit.ly/glWO4C
  • mfiggs
    Options
    Mine is a Polar F6, I THOUGHT I had an F4 - but my husband just came in, looked over my shoulder and corrected me... lol. He bought it for me 2 years ago for Mothers Day. It comes with the chest strap. I have purchased extra elastic parts of the strap because I wear mine to swim, to walk, and everything in between... I like to make sure I have a dry, clean one on hand at all times!

Thanks so much for all the info...I will be investing in one!
  • mfiggs
    Options
    I got mine at Target and it was pretty inexpensive and it's New Balance. Here's a link. http://bit.ly/glWO4C

Thanks I will check it out
  • Crossfit_Mom_2_4
    Crossfit_Mom_2_4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Walmart has them relatively inexpensive and they're cute too :)