New to my fitness pal

Options
Hello out there... Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Ed from Charleston, South Carolina. On Jan 15, 2011 I decided to lose weight. I'm 6'6'' tall and weighed 335 lbs. Just a bit too heavy.. First, I started a deit to lose the first 15 pounds so I could start excercising(jogging). I accomplished that goal and started cardio on the 21st of Feb. I was trying to do cardio Mon, Wed, and Fri mornings, but On the 2nd week I irriated my MCL, so today was the first day I could run. Didn't do much. I also do weight train on Tues, Thrus, and Sat. But I've continued to lose weight and now I'm down to 304. I have 5 more pounds till I get to my first goal of 299. That will be the first time I've been under 300 in 15 years. I've changed my diet and have cut my calories way down to speed up my weight loss, but I think I may have cut too much. I did the meal plan on here, for today and I've been eating anywhere from 1000-1500 calories. Way to little and now I can start to feel it. I'm trying to figured out how to increase my calories intake by another 500 but not spend a lot more money. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know. My 2nd goal for weight loss is 275. Hope to be there by the end of may beginning of Jun. My fitness goal is to actually be able to run 1 mile in under 6:30. I used to beable to do that and I want that again.

Hope everybody has success and meets their goals... Good Luck.

Replies

• deeltwins
    deeltwins Posts: 16
    Options
    You are doing an awesome job. 34 lbs is great. We all want to lose weight fast but as everyone on here says, "slow and steady wins the race". Putting your body in starvation mode will just hurt your weight loss and your health. Hope you find a happy medium. Good luck. Add me if you would like. I would love to help all I can on your journey.