Does mfp maintain a calorie bank?

Options
Hi , if I eat under my net, leaving exercise calories on the table, does mfp 'bank' them weekly or do they just go away.?

Replies

• missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    to my understanding we lose them and start over each day with nothing allowed for weekly calories. That is an awesome question.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    they float into neverland!
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Would be nice if we could bank them though....:ohwell:
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    On the app on my ipod there is a 'weekly' tab on the homepage....on that it keeps a weekly total. So, I had a terrible weekend as we had visitors but it says I was 109 calories under my weekly goal.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    MFP keeps a daily count only. maybe you should suggest that as a change.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    They go away. i don't worry too much about being a little under or a little over on a daily basis as long as it all evens out for the week though.
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to this stuff but the research that I've done would mean that there would be little point.

The body adjust too quickly; so even if the MFP did it - you'd just be fooling yourself. It's sort of the same as saying can I binge one day and compensate 2 days later - as far as I know - no, your body won't let you get away with it.

Your body would convert the extra on the binge day and store and you'd risk giving starvation signals if you overdid the compensation - with pretty much the same result.

As said though - I'm new to this and no guru - both those are the impressions I've got so far.

Cheers
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    If they float away, anyone who is NOT on MFP finds them somehow. (insert diabolical laugh)