New Here and Struggling

Options
Hi I am well not new but this is a fresh start for me I really got a kick up the bkside when i heard my dad say I tend to favour his side (being heavy)

Well I was not impressed and I actually felt quite down maybe it was due to my sweet tooth and love of savouries First proper day of diet did not go well Classroom assistant bought me chocolate and Well I feel bad so I am going to the gym tonight to burn it off so i can actually eat my dinner as i only have 87 calories left and am over my carb limit quite a lot

Any tips or adds to help support me would be appriecated

Replies

• afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Dont get overwhelmed! Changing your diet is a hard thing to do, especially if your diet isnt that great to begin with. Check out the recipes section :) there are a ton of good lower calorie sweet things, or if you dont like to cook try getting the 100 calorie packs of your favorite cookie- that way you can have your little bit of sweet without killing yourself with calories. Try to keep a bag of veggies or fruits with you that are already cut up so you have an easy munch if you get hungry throughout the day. Also try to keep a bottle of water with you- a lot of the time when your body is telling you to eat it is becuase you need liquids, so that could help keep your calorie count down :)
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    The new issue of Ladies Home Journal suggests changing only one thing a week to make this a lifestyle, not a diet. And that advice comes from Jillian Michaels :wink:

The fact that you are able to admit you are struggling is a GREAT start. You will find a lot of support here. Don't hesitate to ask for advice (or even a kick in the seat of the pants if you need it :wink: )

Kaye
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

Don't feel down! When I started here I felt as though my efforts were being wasted, but this is such a lovely forum, you'll get lots of support from friends on here.

As others have said, you've recognised that you're struggling, and from what you've written, you're making inroads to helping yourself better.

Good luck and keep going!