HRM

Options
Okay I bought a HRM from Vitamin World. It has a strap that goes just under your chest. I can only get it to work when I am sitting. Anyone know any tricks? I have changed the batteries, tried loosening and tightening the strap, and moved the placement a little. I have followed the direction to a T. Vitamin World CS is about worthless. They just told me I was positioning it wrong and I can't take it back and get my money back - just an instore credit. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or maybe a better one I can buy that isn't such a hassel - I really don't like the chest strap at all because I wanted to use it at work on my lunch when I use the treadmill and that is too much of hassel? Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I dont' know what kind it is, but I have seen a lot of people say you need to wet the electrodes. are you wetting them?
  • bethkampa
    bethkampa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin and I have to wet the electrodes to get it to work properly.
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    I have a polar FT4 that i have to wet the electrodes on the strap. The instructions says that! Might try that..
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have to wet the back of mine too. It also has to be quite high up under the bust.

Good luck
  • westielover1
    westielover1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    if you dont like it insist on seeing the manager. i love mine. i dont even know its on me. its so comforable. but you have to put water onthe two conductors of the strap are you doign that? thats what makes it work with your skin
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    Yes I wet them.
  • AlissaPT
    AlissaPT Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT40. Strap is pretty comfortable and not noticeable under clothes. Straps are supposedly much more accurate than the wrist only versions, so pop in the ladies room and put it on before the treadmill - worth it.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    My sister just got me an ePulse one for my birthday. First time trying it today after charging it yesterday. Went to the mall with my boys and it read "battery low". Huh? Not even 4 hours and the thing can't hold the charge? It's supposed to hold for 6.5 hours. When I put it on yesterday, it read fully charged. I must be doing something wrong.

Is anyone familiar with these ePulse HRMs?