Octane Elliptical - Good Choice????

Options
Hey MFP people - Is anyone using an Octane Elliptical out there?? I am contemplating buying a new model Q37c or ci Elliptical Cross Trainer ($3000 plus or minus) or a 3-year old used model Q37e in supposedly good condition (it was home use and not in a gym and wasn't used much according to the owner) for $1,000. The reviews online for Octane machines seem very good, just can't decide on the new or used one. Or should I nix Octane and go with a Precor/Lifetime machine, etc. My wife will likely use it until it doesn't work anymore. I'm more partial to the treadmil :) Any thoughts??

Replies

• ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Have yo used an elliptical before? They are very different from a treadmill. I love the elliptical, but it gives me a right hip bursitis, so I go on the treadmill now, and will start running outside when weather permits (once I build up to that! LOL). The elliptical seems to burn more calories with less effort for me. I would probably go with the used piece if it is in truly good condition. Best of luck!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I have the Q35 (without HRM, since I have polar) and love it. Great programs and love the two minute "blitz" (squat & push, reverse squat and pull). I bought new, but hell, if I could find a deal like that I would've bought it used too.