Irony

Options
I thought I would share this with everyone it is a bit ironic & I think funny.

Okay, so yesterday I go downstairs to the gym in my building, and no ones there. I decide to watch t.v. while I so a 30 min brisk pace walking workout on the treadmill. I turn on the t.v. and M.V.F. (Man Vs Food) is on, for those of you who are not aware M.V.F. is a show wherein the host Adam Richman travels the country checking out local food joints and facing a food challenge in the process', usually consisting of several lbs of meat. These challenges are insane, he has to consume massive amount of food in a short amount of time.

Heres the irony, I get so caught up in watching this guy close his arteries that I spent an hour on the treadmill working-out, I burned an additional 200 calories than I expected.

So thanks M.V.F.

Replies

• Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    HA!

We only need some distraction to keep us from stopping early... or from munching... or from making excuses...

Great!!

MM
  • Cinlan
    Cinlan Posts: 12
    Options
    Sweet!
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    Ugh. That show is interesting, but disgusting. That makes me want to workout an extra half hour too!
  • ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Irony indeed.

One man's gorging inspires another's exercise.
  • jmecale72
    jmecale72 Posts: 214
    Options
    I haven't done that. BUT...I usually work out pretty late at night, like right before I go to bed. I have a habit of doing my workout, then switching on Food Network. Usually it's right about the time that Diners, Drive Ins & Dives comes on. Talk about punishing yourself. All that food that is not really good for you, but tastes and looks so good. I'm just glad those places aren't close by.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Fairly early in my weight loss journey (about six months in), I invested in a treadmill. In order to "make" myself use it, I taped my favorite soap opera.....and if I hadn't walked at least 3 miles that day, I wouldn't allow myself to watch the soap opera unless I was walking on my treadmill. This worked really well for me.

Almost five years later....I've outgrown the soap opera, but still use the treadmill pretty religiously until it gets nice enough outside to walk with a friend. I am MORE than ready for Spring!!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Irony indeed.

One man's gorging inspires another's exercise.

SO true! That show makes me NOT want to eat! I usually feel nauseous after watching him over eat! UGH!