I'm shocked!!

Options
Belmont (Aldi) - Fruit Biscuits Raisin Apple and Currant, 1 container (3 slices ea.)

I bought the above as a healthy snack/quick breaskfast and the damn things have trans fats in them!!

Has anyone else been caught out by these so called 'healthier options' that perhaps we should stay away from?

Replies

• MichelleAllen6
    Options
    Yes!!! and it is very frustrating!! I got burnt one too many times....so now I read every label before I buy or eat anything!
  • pabbott1964
    Options
    Every time I pick up something that says healthy, low fat, no sugar, I find something in them that is not good! I stay far far away from them. This program has been an eye opener for me for sure!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Saturday I was at an all day training and the instructor brought in organic trail mix as a "healthy" snack instead of donuts. I had 3 cups worth. After discovering where he got it from, I discovered it contained 135 calories per 1/4 cup! :noway: Needless to say that put me over slightly on saturday.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    The only thing I will buy at Aldi is fruit and veggies, maybe ground turkey. I pretty much have not found anything else there to be what I consider healthy.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Saturday I was at an all day training and the instructor brought in organic trail mix as a "healthy" snack instead of donuts. I had 3 cups worth. After discovering where he got it from, I discovered it contained 135 calories per 1/4 cup! :noway: Needless to say that put me over slightly on saturday.

Trail Mix and granola you would think are healthy. But not necessarily. You have to be careful of what is in them.
  • kimbaclay
    kimbaclay Posts: 81
    Options
    It'a about a 5 min walk from where i live so nice to be able to walk to go shopping and carrying those bags help with burning those cals! However, if i am going to be caught out like this i would rather driver further a field! :frown:
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Thats why I now eat mostly as simple as it can be - raw veggies and prepare my own meat or buy canned tuna in brine... wholegrain bread... basics.