Question for everyone!

Options
kistinbee
kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
SO...I have a question. On the days I exercise, I usually have trouble eating ALL my calories for the day, and on the days I don't exercise, I have trouble eating ONLY my allowed calories for the day. Does anyone else have this problem? And how have you learned to work around it??

Replies

• kistinbee
    Options
    SO...I have a question. On the days I exercise, I usually have trouble eating ALL my calories for the day, and on the days I don't exercise, I have trouble eating ONLY my allowed calories for the day. Does anyone else have this problem? And how have you learned to work around it??
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

Hmmmm....I can always find calories to eat:laugh: I just have to exercise more to make up for it :laugh: *gets on treadmill, twinkie in hand* J/K....I usually just plan my meals and exercise ahead so I can add or subtract calories when needed.
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Well I am pretty much always under the 1200 rather I work out or not, so no help there. I ate my exercise calories for the first time yesterday and I am feeling like I cheated today!!!

Maybe on your off exercise days go for like a 15 minute walk to earn a few extra calories so you won't go over.
  • king4ar
    king4ar Posts: 25
    Options
    I usually have this same problem. I haven't found a fix yet. Although, when I first started this lifestyle I always ate over my 1200. Now, I can't reach my 1200. Sometimes if I'm really far from it and I think I can bare a few more bites, I get ice cream.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too and haven't dealt with it so well. I am trying to eat all the calories on exercise days because then I don't get so hungry on the non-exercise days. I am trying to make non-exercise days into light exercise days by taking short walks.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    These are good ideas! Thanks guys!:bigsmile: Keep em coming!
  • sewtoday123
    Options
    As for myself, I don't have a problem either way. I love food. I usually stay in the 1200 cal. except when I go out for dinner like last night. I had the best scallopes, and Sake! Love Sake and wasabe! I guess I am not much help here, but I do love to grill now that we have a gas grill. What I love is to grill chicken, fish, and vegies. We do not eat meat since I am the one that grills :glasses: So, maybe if you add more vegies or fruit to your diet would that help :happy:
  • AbbyIsWangsterful
    AbbyIsWangsterful Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Try looking up your BMR and eating that many calories (your BMR is the amount of calories you burn daily by breathing, sleeping, talking, etc.) so if you eat that much; you burn it without exercise and with exercise; you'll burn MORE than what you've eaten and you have nothing to worry about. But don't hog out just because of that advantage :D:flowerforyou: