Help with logging in ChaLean Extreme

Options
I did Burn Circuit today and not sure how to put in the work out. Plus it doesn't take off for calories burned, and I know that strength does not take off as much as cardio- but I want it logged somehow :)

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I do circuit/calisthenic workouts and always log them. You should find an option for circuit training in the exercise log.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I usually just log it as circuit training under cardio exercises.
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    HEART RATE MONITOR
    I did Burn Circuit today and not sure how to put in the work out. Plus it doesn't take off for calories burned, and I know that strength does not take off as much as cardio- but I want it logged somehow :)
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    aw thanks! You guys rock!
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Under cardio there is strength training - and the calories burned with Chalene Extreme are almost double what they have in mfp. I also added my own workouts under strength for the phases, just so I can keep track if what I am doing.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    HEART RATE MONITOR
    DITTO! :-D Worth every penny!
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206
    Options
    I am also doing ChaLean Extreme, the best way is to use a HRM during the workout to get accuracy. The harder you work the more you burn.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have a body bugg but I have to get it up and running again :)
  • DebbieLaviolette
    DebbieLaviolette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I was just about to post this same question when I came across your post. So what is the concensus...log Chalean as circuit training or weight lifting to get the most accurate stats?
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I was just about to post this same question when I came across your post. So what is the concensus...log Chalean as circuit training or weight lifting to get the most accurate stats?

If you put it in as weight lifting, the given calories are in roughly 170ish, and I usually burn between 270-320 in the workouts. The best recomendation is to get a heart rate monitor cause it will be different with each body type and the amount of weights lifted.