Excercise DVD's

Options
Can anyone recommend a good exercise dvd? When im at home with my son its hard to do any kind of exercise as he is only young and needs a lot of attention but i think if i can do one in front of the tv it may amuse him whilst im also working out.

Replies

• kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hello.....I love Leslie Sansone's walk at home. It's great for beginners (which I was) or for people who have been working out for awhile. It's so much more than just walking. You can start with just a mile which takes about 10 mins. Great burn too! Good luck to you:)
  • callmefor911
    callmefor911 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    same here I love her dvd's and also do u have a wii...or ps3 or x box. I love working out to ea active or the just dance ones.. he would love to watch u dance or even join in...
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred is awesome :o)
  • VenusEnvy
    VenusEnvy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jillian Michaels. I know, I know... some people find her annoying but it WORKS.

30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones, and 6 Week 6 Pack are my favs. I actually stick with them and I saw improvements after one week.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I love anything by Jillian Michaels. I'd recommend starting with the 30 day shred, its only 20 mins which means that its easier to fit into your days than a longer one. My 2.5 yr old daughter loves to join in with me when I do it!
  • RoseEnvy
    RoseEnvy Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm in love with all Ellen Barrett's Crunch Workouts.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I concur with all the other posters: Anything by Jillian Michaels. I haven't tried her kettleball workout or her brand new abs one...yet. But the Blast Fat Boost Metabolism, the 30-Day Shred and the No More Trouble Zones are terrific. I regularly do them and have had better results than when I went to the gym every single day.
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser 30 Day Jumpstart! Each workout is only10 minutes and really do work you out! the 30 day program has a different exercise each day with one day off! i love it!
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I like Turbo Jam. I don't have the new version but you still burn cals and its pretty fun. I just got 30DS and Banish Fat DVD by Jilliam Michaels and let me tell you that its not the most fun bc the music sucks but if you're looking to get results this is it. They are cheap too which is an added bonus. I like the fact that she doesn't sugar coat anything and she shows you exactly how to get results. So I'd give them a try.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Hello.....I love Leslie Sansone's walk at home. It's great for beginners (which I was) or for people who have been working out for awhile. It's so much more than just walking. You can start with just a mile which takes about 10 mins. Great burn too! Good luck to you:)

I agree!! I love Leslie Sansone too!! Oh and my little girl is 3 years old and she loves "exercising" with Mommy when I do the walking dvds! :smile:
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Biggest Loser Power Sculpt. Awesome! Def. get your sweat on. :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Not a DVD, but my son who is 4 likes to goof off with resistance bands when I use them for circuit training, and I even got him some one pound weights with the little hand straps to use. He tries to copy what I do and then sometimes I take a break and drag him around on our hardwood floors at the end of a resistance band :)
  • Cora0414
    Cora0414 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I actually really like the Biggest Loser DVDs. I only have the first one and the yoga but they kick my butt. I have a bad knee so I cant do all of the stuff he does but he teaches you in three steps so at least I can do step one until that excercise is over. it is really nice!
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Absolutley love Turbojam and Turbofire. With Turbofire I burn about 600 calories an hour which is very similar to running. Plus it is fun!!!!