peanut butter addiction

Options
ok, so i know peanut butter may not be the best choice of things to eat on a diet but I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER to the point i can't seem to go longer than a day or 2 without it. i'm still losing average of a pound a week with an overall 15 pound loss since January 8th so is peanut butter that bad? it doesn't seem to be stopping my weight loss....i'm addicted and can't give it up! (is that bad?) and by the way, the days i eat it i exercise more to make up for it. :wink:

Replies

• ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter every single day! Before I got pregnant I lost 53 pounds, it had no negative impact on my weight loss.

Edit: I tried the natural peanut butter once. I think its disgusting, I eat the regular full fat kind. I refuse to give up things I love, this is a lifestyle change for me, not a diet. :smile:
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi...I love peanut butter too. It's great protein and as long as you are just eating the serving size which is 2 tbsps, you should be fine! It fills me up and love peanut butter on a banana, Yum! Good luck to you:)
  • dfulgoni
    dfulgoni Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    No need to avoid it, quite the contrary. High in protein and healthy fats. Moderation is still key though. :wink:

Seems to me your on right on track, 15 lbs since January is great progress!! Keep it up!!!
  • fairyjester
    Options
    all things in moderation, have to admit i cheer when i have room on my calories and carbs to get my peanutbutter fix
  • mzayed
    mzayed Posts: 27
    Options
    I dont think it has a negative impact either as long as you stay under your calorie goal. I eat it a lot and have not found a negative effect.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    ok, so i know peanut butter may not be the best choice of things to eat on a diet but I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER to the point i can't seem to go longer than a day or 2 without it. i'm still losing average of a pound a week with an overall 15 pound loss since January 8th so is peanut butter that bad? it doesn't seem to be stopping my weight loss....i'm addicted and can't give it up! (is that bad?) and by the way, the days i eat it i exercise more to make up for it. :wink:

If you're that worried about it switch to Almond Butter. The less ingredients the better. Mine has just almonds in it.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I have peanut butter all the time. If I have 100 cals left at the end of the day I even have a tbsp for snack.

If you have a food processor you can also experiment with making your own nut-butters (almonds are one I want to try!)
  • hmharris
    hmharris Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really love peanut butter too and my trainer said that it wasn't bad for me just to stick with natural peanut butter. He said it has healthy fat and not that bad on calories... I eat it on an unflavored rice cake (:tongue: I know...not appealing) to avoid eating it on bread ... that's what was hurting me!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE peanut butter that is why it is not in the house EVER!
    the last time it was i got the munchies and ate the whole jar! lol(dont tell)!
    it is banned in my house
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and eat about 1 Tbls every day. It's a great source of protein and there are so many varieties everyone can find one for them: all natural, low fat, low sugar, etc. And the variety I buy has a lot less sodium than lunch meat which is great for me.
  • traceyrbb
    traceyrbb Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I don't know why I love it so much, I just do! and I stick to the 2 tbl serving (for the most part) and I love it with banana too. Also with marshmallows. There's just some things I can't give up. Thanks for the help!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I think it's pretty safe...some people have mentioned switching to almond butter or a natural peanut butter...can't hurt. That said, my favorite thing to do with peanut butter...spread it on a whole wheat tortilla and add sliced strawberries and roll it up! YUM!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    It's good for you. I'm not fond of natural peanut butter but Smuckers makes an all natural creamy that is really, really good. And you can always drizzle a bit of honey on it for sweetness. It's only peanuts and that's it.

Do limit it to the 2 tbsp per day. I'm at 20% fat daily and if I have one serving and I will be over in fat for the day but never by more than a few grams. But they are the healthy fats.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I like it on chocolate rice cakes-my own reeses!!!! Natural is better and all it is is just peanuts instead of the hydrogenated oil crap they put in it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE almond butter too. Some people hate it, but I am a lover of almonds.
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am with all of you!! I use in my Chocolate Shakeology so it tastes like a Peanut Butter cup but I did hear about PB2 (alot of my friends use this) and it is alot less calories but is supposed to be just as good. It is coming today. Not sure if I will like it but I PB has quite a bit of calories so I wanted to try something else.

I have tried Almond butter and that is very good but too pricely for me. I do think regular peanut butter is fine as long as you account for the calories and if you are losing I would not worry about it!
  • bitteninmd
    bitteninmd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh Goodness I'm so addicted to Peanut Butter. It is actually what I have given up for Lent. I can honestly say that eating Peanut Butter when the cravings hit me at 8pm every night helped me to put 12 of the 35 lbs I had lost previously back on. I readily admit I don't stop at the 2 Tbsp serving size. I'll mix it in my yogurt or with fat free cool whip etc. I was just not buying it but my boyfriend was having a fit because he likes it on his toast in the morning. So I am hoping the Lent vacation will help me break the addiction.
  • traceyrbb
    traceyrbb Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...this was the first time I've ever posted anything and your answers all make me feel better about eating it. It is definately included in my calorie count and I make sure the count stays within my goal. I guess I could say I'm obsessed with that too because I don't like seeing the final numbers in RED. You guys made me smile so thank you!
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    *Raises Hand* My name is Deanna. I am addicted to Peanut Butter.

I hear ya there!!!! I had always eaten Jif or Skippy, but recently tried Parkers Natural Peanut Butter and I am even MORE addicted than ever before! No sugar, excellent source of protein and healthy fats. I eat a minimum of a TB every single day, sometimes just scoop the spoon in the tub and enjoy. Although, spread on a banana is my absolute favorite snack!

I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER! :)
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm a peanut butter junkie too, and nothing - PB2, Better n Peanut Butter, Almond Butter - can EVER take the place of my Skippy Natural. I ALWAYS have 2 jars in my pantry because I don't stick to the 2 tblsp serving size ever. I eat it every day, and really don't think I could make it a day without. I just up my exercise to cover if I go too far over.
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    I am with all of you!! I use in my Chocolate Shakeology so it tastes like a Peanut Butter cup but I did hear about PB2 (alot of my friends use this) and it is alot less calories but is supposed to be just as good. It is coming today. Not sure if I will like it but I PB has quite a bit of calories so I wanted to try something else.

I have tried Almond butter and that is very good but too pricely for me. I do think regular peanut butter is fine as long as you account for the calories and if you are losing I would not worry about it!

I actually love PB2 in my Shakeology as well, however spread on a peice of bread or on banana it just isn't the same. It isn't as creamy. The texture is definitely different and the taste isn't the same. Like I said, mixed into something else it's good though.