Food Festival

Options
Okay - so a while back before I started my journey I bought tickets to a food and wine festival. They were 60 dollars each - (what can I say I like high end food) I am really concerned about going since I have made quite a bit of progress with my weight loss, and I will be going. There is no way to track the food I eat. There will be more than 70 food vendors participating. What do you guys do in this case? Exercise a crap load before you go? I really dont know how to handle this. I am trying to lose 10 more pounds before April 14th

Replies

• acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yikes! So scary! I am feeling the same panic for a cruise I am taking in a month... So much to eat and so hard to track!

I say go for small bites and avoid super high calorie/fat foods like cheeses and certain meats.

If you don't think you can do it, is there anyone that you would feel good about gifting the ticket to? Parents, recently engaged (anniversary) friends, friend that needs a night off from the kids?
  • sweetsunlover
    Options
    i think you shd go and enjoy , not worry about counting your callories for one day, see it as a cheat day. one day of eating what u like shdnt make alot of difference just as long as u stick to it all the other days :-)
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    You could do more exercise a few days before you go and make an effort to only eat small portions. You could eat a meal before you go. Or you could work out and eat before you head over there (sometimes that curbs my appetite).

The thing that would be hard would be the wine, because sometimes it's easier to drink more calories versus eating the same amount of calories. That's a tough decision!
  • stacy3333
    stacy3333 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am definitely working out more this week. I agree-wine is my weakness! There's just no way to track really so I'm worried it will knock me off track, but I really want to go because its a tradition of my friends and I.
  • PlanetVelma
    Options
    If you want to go that bad (and I hate breaking traditions) than continue to stay on track beforehand (maybe add a couple extra sessions of cardio) and eat a nice meal before you go over there - that way you're not starving when you get there (I'm sooo guilty of that!).

Oh and I would weigh in before you go to your food festival and just get right back on program the following day. That way you don't feel super guilty about it. Know what i mean?

I plan on taking my kids to Knotts Berry Farm on Spring break and I plan on being super good that week so I can have my bucket of wings & funnel cake when i'm there! LOL
  • stacy3333
    stacy3333 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yum! Funnel cakes lol
  • PlanetVelma
    Options
    Bucket o' wings....Mmmmmm! LOL I figure I won't have much to worry about since we'll be doing a bunch of walking then. LOL