Hi y'all!

Options
I just joined a couple of days ago and I'm enjoying keeping track of my calories! I never thought I would.

I've been having a bit of a midlife crisis (good thing I'm single). I quit my teaching job that I hated, broke up with my boyfriend, and moved home to help take care of my mother after she had knee replacement surgery. I was at my heaviest weight ever at a whopping 235 lbs with high blood pressure and I'm only 35.

I was back in a state of depression that only pills could take me out of and I didn't want to do the meds again.

When I moved back home I immediately joined a gym and I've lost 10 lbs. But I didn't change my diet very much and I should have lost a lot more than that in the last 3 months. But all the exercise has vastly improved my mood, plus being around all the love my Mom and Dad dish out has vastly helped.

I went to a diet doctor who prescribed me some diet pills, gave me a B-12 shots (which I love) and is making me keep a food diary. I want to get back down to 130-140.

I'm excited about my future again. I'm excited about my butt getting smaller! I'm loving this new me and I know I'll love it even more in 6 months. By the way that is when my cousin is getting married. My goal is to lose at least 60lbs by then. I know I'm going to do it now!

Replies

• Jenls
    Jenls Posts: 5
    Options
    I just joined a couple of days ago and I'm enjoying keeping track of my calories! I never thought I would.

I've been having a bit of a midlife crisis (good thing I'm single). I quit my teaching job that I hated, broke up with my boyfriend, and moved home to help take care of my mother after she had knee replacement surgery. I was at my heaviest weight ever at a whopping 235 lbs with high blood pressure and I'm only 35.

I was back in a state of depression that only pills could take me out of and I didn't want to do the meds again.

When I moved back home I immediately joined a gym and I've lost 10 lbs. But I didn't change my diet very much and I should have lost a lot more than that in the last 3 months. But all the exercise has vastly improved my mood, plus being around all the love my Mom and Dad dish out has vastly helped.

I went to a diet doctor who prescribed me some diet pills, gave me a B-12 shots (which I love) and is making me keep a food diary. I want to get back down to 130-140.

I'm excited about my future again. I'm excited about my butt getting smaller! I'm loving this new me and I know I'll love it even more in 6 months. By the way that is when my cousin is getting married. My goal is to lose at least 60lbs by then. I know I'm going to do it now!
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You will do it!!!

Angela :flowerforyou:
  • playinwfire
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi and keep going you'll make it:flowerforyou:
  • eileen0809
    Options
    Welcome!!!

Your story sounded so familiar - I'm 28 and 2 months ago I got out of a job that I hated that I stayed in for 6 years. I had packed on so much weight due to stress and comfort eating, but it just served as one more reason for me to feel miserable and take away my confidence to make positive changes. BUT - I'm now in a job that I love and I'm 2 months into counting calories and exercising regularly and I'm down nearly 20 lbs!

Your midlife crisis sounds like your mind's way of breaking you out of a pattern that had become intolerable, and I bet you'll see some immediate changes - you'll sleep better and you won't have to worry about whether your pants will fit :happy: Then your clothes will start getting looser, and you'll recognize that you feel differently when you ate good food vs. junk food. I'll let you know what happens after this stage when I get there! One tip though - allllways record all of your calories, even if you had a cheat day and the total is high - it keeps you honest!
  • Jenls
    Jenls Posts: 5
    Options
    I was thinking of not recording my calories on thanksgiving but I guess I really should. My Grandma just got to our house and brought an angel food cake with frosting, ugh!
  • mshunk
    mshunk Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of not recording my calories on THanksgiving also, but that is how I got to where I am now...and I am not happy about it!!! I am just going to load up with lots of steamed veggies and hope that fills me up so I don't eat as much of the turkey and starches that aren't good for me - - I am also getting up early to work out so that I gain those extra calories!!! Good Luck to all of you - - this Holiday season is going to be hard, but we can do it!!! I am so glad I found this site!!!:drinker: :love:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jenls.
    I right there with you. This is a great site, and it has helped me so much. Keep up the good work, and it will come off.