Day off-need ideas

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
Not related to working out, but I need ideas for what to do on my day off. Next week I have a four day weekend, and since my husband is still laid off we want to do something fun that day but we're not sure what.

We wanted to go to Cranbrook Science center and see a planetarium show, but they don't have shows on weekdays. I also wouldn't mind going to the Detroit Science center, and they also have a planetarium but again no shows.

What would you do for fun (I'm looking for things we wouldn't normally do, so shopping or eating out is nice, but since this is sort of a vacation day off, I want to do something we wouln't necessarily do on any regular weekend). A generic idea is fine, but if you live or know of the metro Detroit area a specific idea would be much appreciated.

Replies

• dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Find a local hiking trail to walk...go to the park....go for a long bike ride. Whatever you can do to stay active and entertained.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have vacation days with my family, we go on long walks or a hike. If the weather is crummy, we go to museums or something like that.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Find a local hiking trail to walk...go to the park....go for a long bike ride. Whatever you can do to stay active and entertained.

With the exception of the next couple of days, it's still winter and cold in Michigan....so something indoors would be preferable. Plus, hubby isn't too into working out for entertainment, as much as I would love to change that ya know what they said, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink".