Eat This Not That No Diet Diet book

Options
I got this book last week, and I really just wanted to put a recommendation out there. For those unfamiliar with the Eat This Not That books, they basically go through restaurants and the supermarket and give you more healthy alternatives to unhealthy foods. For example, we went to Chipotle last weekend. On their recommendation, I got three crispy steak tacos with lettuce and salsa. It was a pretty big meal for less than 400 calories. If I had gotten a chicken burrito with cheese, sour cream, rice, etc., it would have been almost 1000 calories.

Also, many of the calories counts would surprise you. The crusted pecan chicken salad at TGIFriday's (which I have ordered in the past thinking that it was "healthy") has around 1500 calories.

The No Diet Diet book is relatively new and includes recipes. I made the chicken fajita burrito recipe from the book last night and my husband said it was his new favorite meals. Each burrito (and you really only need one) has only 350 calories and includes cheese, chicken, sauteed onions and peppers, and black beans on a WW tortilla.

Anyway, I just wanted to recommend the books, and this one in particular, because they have really taught me not to assume anything with my food. They are MUST, especially if you eat out a lot.

Replies

• JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I love those books. That's how my hubby and I got started on our lifestyle change. What we thought was healthy food wasn't! It was a real eye opener for us.
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    About how much do they cost apiece?
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    I LOVE these books! They have completely changed my perspective about eating. I have learned that just because it is a salad, it doesn't mean it is a wise dinner choice when eating out. Great books! I love the recipe books, especially, and probably cook from them three to four times a week. My family even loves the recipes!
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just got this cookbook for 14.99 at Meijer. I've yet to make anything from it, but I have my eye on a few recipes! I really want to try those fajitas now. :)
  • lotrisneat
    lotrisneat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    About how much do they cost apiece?

The ETNT No Diet Diet is about $11 on Amazon right now. The other range from about $10-12. I'm hoping to get the Cook This, Not That 350 Calorie Meals one soon.
  • sculbreath
    sculbreath Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have 2 of those and love them. I have made quite a few things recommeded and haven't found one yet that my family hasn't liked. Very eye opening.
  • SKismet
    SKismet Posts: 137
    Options
    Oh, yeah! GREAT book! I don't own it myself, but my dad has a copy and when I visited him not long ago I looked through the book a little bit.

Thanks for the reminder that I should get a copy! :happy:
  • amriley
    amriley Posts: 4
    Options
    I don't own any ... yet. I want to buy a few of them. I've seen one or two of the books at the local Walmart for around 8-10 dollars.