MFP "If every day was like today you would be ? in 5 weeks"

Options
So, every night when I close out or submit my food entry cals I notice that MFP will say something like, " if every day was like today blah blah blah," then it gives you a weight that you should be at in 5 weeks. Has anyone found this to be true?

Replies

• ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    For the most part, YES!
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    thanks Cassie!! That's awesome!!!! because I wasn't sure and well I'll finally break the 160s. Yay!!!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    No. I've been on a long plateau only lost about a 1 lb in the last month. However, I've been recording my calories and exercising about 5-6 days a week. But I'm not too discouraged as I have been losing inches and getting more toned so I am getting in better shape. It's just not refelcting on the scale. . . . But who knows, maybe on week five I'll drop 5 lbs :laugh: Probably not, but eventually.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    mathematically - yes. But understand - this is strictly a mathematical equation. It doesn't take into account things like potential water weight if you eat high sodium the day before you weigh in, TOM, added muscle weight, etc. It also is providing that every day is the same deficit as that day - so if you eat within your calories 6 times a week and go over one - it will change what that 5 week mark will actually be at. It's also based on whatever weight you have in your check in, so if that's not accurate or updated, neither will your projection.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I found it to not be true. I actually hit that weight 2 weeks sooner than it said I would. :tongue: So yeah if you stick to keeping your days consistent and stay under your calorie goal it is true, or better than true in my case :happy:
  • sjdoman
    sjdoman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I copy mine to the notes section and save it. I looked back to what it was 5 weeks ago and I am 2 lbs under what it said.
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @sjdoman, never thought of doing that. Smart!! thanks for the tip.
    Thanks everyone for weighing in. I know that it's just numbers but was wondering if it was around about true. So it seems it is.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    No. I've recorded a loss every week so far, but less than predicted on average. I've decided there's no point in worrying about it so long as I continue to make progress.
  • vicksters31
    vicksters31 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Haha I reaaaaaally wish it was right for me! I don't know what happens to the numbers sometimes...!
  • ejha77
    ejha77 Posts: 63
    Options
    I copy mine to the notes section and save it. I looked back to what it was 5 weeks ago and I am 2 lbs under what it said.
    Great tip, thanks!