I got big news to share....err maybe I should say little new

Options
So I've been struggling for 2 months to get over my plateau. I tried some of the tricks people posted and it didn't work, so I had a chat with the owner of the gym who taught me some ways to increase the quality of my workouts. And I talked to my doctor who tweaked my diet choices and voila - off came another 9 pounds in the last 3 weeks. woo-hooo

so I decided I deserved a bigger reward since it took 2 months and A LOT of perseverance. so I took myself shopping for a new workout outfit. (I figured it would inspire me to keep going if I felt pretty while working out instead of looking like a sack of potatos.)

So off to the big girl store I went. I tried on a really cute top but it was slightly too big. So I asked the sales lady for the next size down and then I found out..... the shirt I had on WAS THE SMALLEST THEY SELL!!!!!!!!

That's right people! I somehow have shrunk almost all the way out of the big girl store and soon will be shopping in regular people stores!!!!!!

I'm sooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High five please!

Replies

• pretentiouskate
    Options
    WOO! What a great feeling :)
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!

So ... what were the tweaks that got you through your plateau?! Do tell!
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    high 5! great job!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS thats awesome, You should be really proud of yourself for sticking with it. Can you please share your secrets to success ?
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    ha ha..regular people store..;) congrats, must feel terrific :D
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    :drinker: ^5
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    ****HIGH FIVE**** That is fantastic!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!! I know we all are!! Keep up the great work!! :drinker:
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    A huge high five to you. That is great news. I never shop in the big lady stores even though in the past I have been big enough to. I always know when I am not able to shop in those stores and it makes me happy. Keep up with your progress-sounds like you are doing amazing!!!
  • chrissy_824
    chrissy_824 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome!!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hurray for you!! Such a wonderful feeling!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Good job! I'm also curious of the things you've changed to overcome your plateau. I think that will help a lot of us.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    this is a huge goal for me! you are an inspiration!!! i cannot wait to be where you are today :D
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great feeling!!!
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    Excellent good job on perservering! Good things come to those who wait :wink:

I too would be interested in the tweaks.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    The gym owner told me to change up my routine. Previously I'd been doing about a half hour of cardio and then weights. She told to me to change it to 10-15 minutes of cardio - as hard and as fast as I could, then switch and do weights for 10-15 minutes. Then repeat that schedule throughout my gym time.

The doctor told me that even though I was eating under my carb alotment - most of it was coming from refined flour products, which apparently will keep the weight on even though your under your count. So she had me change it to 20% flour products, and the other 80% of my carbs is from fruit and veggies. Plus she said previously I'd not been eating enough protein or fat to compensate for my workouts, so now I'm to eat my full protein and fat calories every day. She said to acheive that I need to be eating a bit of protein every time I eat anything. It's not been easy getting those changes done, but I can't argue with the results. :)
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the GREAT WORK!
  • maggieschuck
    Options
    Congrats! That's such a good feeling to go down in sizes. What did you do to break through? I have added running and rowing plus I increased my calorie intake (from 1200 to 1500). I eat most of my carbs in the am and keep a close eye on the sugar. I was able to loose 1 lbs last week after being stuck for 6 weeks.

Keep up the good work! Persistence pays off. :flowerforyou:
  • Shellndub
    Shellndub Posts: 72
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! Keep up the hard work!!!
  • rugrat200324
    rugrat200324 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Two high fives for you!!!! Great job!!!!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!