Heart Rate Monitor

Options
2»

Replies

• Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    wrenbird - yes my FT60 by Polar has a link to my computer - if you go to their website you can see there is a PERSONAL TRAINER section, you can uplink your data to the program and it will store it and give you week by week progress reports etc ... like I say this thing does everything but the dishes
  • OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have a question about the Polar HRMs...in checking out their site I couldn't tell if they come with a chest strap or just the HRM. Is the strap something that needs to be purchased seperately?

thanks!
  • formytwins
    formytwins Posts: 106
    Options
    OBX Gal----I think all Polars come with chest straps...so I was told by the sales person. I have a Polar FT7 and love it. I can also change out my own battery. The chest strap is very comfortable and you can not tell you have one on. I only paid about $90.00 for mine at D**** Sporting goods and it came with a $10.00 rebate. I also purchased the D**** warranty so I can return it to them for service instead of Polar. Good luck!!!!
  • tauruseth
    tauruseth Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We have FT4s and they are awesome. In the FT4s and newer models you can replace the batteries yourself (that was one of the major selling points for us). We did a ton of research before buying them and, for the money ($75 at REI), they are about the best on the market.

And yes, all the FTs come with chest straps. The FT4s are super easy to use and seem to be extremely accurate.
    Good luck!
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you have a chest strap for it.
    A lot of us have Polar as I have the FT40. (2 of them I bought)
    I got both FT40's off Ebay for $140 a piece and free shipping.
  • jforddesign
    jforddesign Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin Forerunner 305. You can still get them on amazon for 115 or so. They come with a chest strap, customizable interface, and the best thing ever, the gps. You can just get out and run! no need to map a course. My wife and I use them when we play just dance as well, just slap the watch unit down on the tv stand, put on the chest straps and then calculate your calories burned based on average heart rate :D. They are a bit clunky but if I generally dont care what the thing looks like, as long as it is the best functioning unit.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - HRM thread should be STICKY -

If you do a search for HRM or Heart Rate Monitor about 6 threads are started a day about them ... tons and tons of advice on them :)
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I *should* be receiving today the same Timex T5G971 mentioned earlier in the thread (retails for $70 but just under $40 with free shipping on Amazon) - seemed like the best for what I needed - decent Amazon reviews, simple interface, chest strap, warranty, user replaceable batteries, calorimeter, heart rate targets...

I previously purchased a Suunto T1 and returned it - it was obnoxious to operate (too many bells and whistles for me) and I hated the way it looked. I almost bought a Polar but it looked too "advanced" for what I need :blushing:

I like the idea of the Garmin gps enabled ones (Timex has them too) but I already carry my phone with me that I can use as an mp3 player and run Cardio Trainer to track everything..
  • MrsMartin2
    MrsMartin2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 here too!