Insanity Fit Test

Options
So this is my third time attempting the Insanity 60 day routine. I am determined to finish it this time!! Did the Fit Test this morning, oh man I thought I was going to vomit!! After an hour though I felt great, I am so excited to do this!! Anyone else wanting to get on this too?? I know there are a few of you out there already!! I will post result pictures after the first 30 days Ü There, now there is no turning back!

Replies

• ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    What is insanity 60?
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Oh its the Insanity workout by Shaun T, its 60 days, thats why I called it that. CRAZY Workout, gets fast results.
  • dmisom79
    dmisom79 Posts: 112
    Options
    I actually plan on starting this up as soon as I'm done with Jillian's 30-Day Shred routine. I'm about halfway done so will be starting Insanity Fit Test soon. Yeah, i watched most of it and it looks crazy intense. I'll probably feel like i'm going to vomit too when i'm done but i know it will show results. How can it not, right? :-)
  • faeryluvr
    faeryluvr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 3 of Month 2. Gonna do a recovery week once I finish and start again before my hubby gets home from Afghanistan :)
  • fitmomma23
    Options
    Wow you are awesome! I bet it is a lot easier for you now than when you first started huh? I know I just got to get through the first few weeks before I feel better.
  • fitmomma23
    Options
    dmisom79 - I think its better to start Insanity after you have done another work out routine, because then you aren't so out of shape, like me! The Jillian 30 day shred looks awesome too I will have to try it once I am done with this craziness.
  • faeryluvr
    Options
    Forgot to mention, this is also my 3rd time attempting to finish and this is the farthest I've gotten lol. The first time I did it was last May and I only got to finish Month 1 and then I started again in October and only finished up to the 1st week of Month 2 (holiday's/birthday's/and a deployment kept me busy). Since last May until now I've lost a total of 12 inches on my body and all the weight I've lost on that ticker of mine is just from this round of Insanity so far. Watching what you eat plays a HUGE roll in how you feel during the day.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing up the 2nd week of the first month. It's my first attempt. I love doing it. These crazy workouts are perfect for me. I got so hyped after the fit test that I decided to jump on my elliptical and do more cardio. After starting the main routines, I realized that I've been doing similar types of exercises in my prison workout routines. Haha.
  • fitmomma23
    Options
    Phil- Wow you wanted to do MORE?! Ugh I wish I had that energy level! faeryluvr- you are doing awesome! I know its hard to finish a series like these, life gets so busy. I am really going to try to do this all the way through without missing. I have my in-laws coming in a week for a week , and then I am off to California to visit my parents for a few days, I am going to take it with me and work out there (hopefully)
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Phil- Wow you wanted to do MORE?! Ugh I wish I had that energy level! faeryluvr- you are doing awesome! I know its hard to finish a series like these, life gets so busy. I am really going to try to do this all the way through without missing. I have my in-laws coming in a week for a week , and then I am off to California to visit my parents for a few days, I am going to take it with me and work out there (hopefully)

I sure did. I still do actually. Insanity became a supplementary all-over body HIIT routine for cardio, as opposed to just using the elliptical for cardio. The damn plyo kills me, but I'm getting significant results in such a short amount of time.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    So this is my third time attempting the Insanity 60 day routine. I am determined to finish it this time!! Did the Fit Test this morning, oh man I thought I was going to vomit!! After an hour though I felt great, I am so excited to do this!! Anyone else wanting to get on this too?? I know there are a few of you out there already!! I will post result pictures after the first 30 days Ü There, now there is no turning back!

I think it would benefit you to go to teambeachbody and find a group that just started Insanity and get in with them.
  • val2576
    val2576 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm on my 4th week of the 1st month. How bad is the second month compared to the first? I'm managing about 80-90% of the workouts right now.
  • fitmomma23
    Options
    I'm on my 4th week of the 1st month. How bad is the second month compared to the first? I'm managing about 80-90% of the workouts right now.

I have heard (I have not gotten to the second half yet) that the second half is brutal, but I think at that point you kind of need the change anyway, and like in the beginning, you will adapt to it. If you call "adapting" not vomiting after every work out, lol.
  • luvnikkibabe
    Options
    Fitmamma23- question...it says on your profile that you were at 155 and now 138 ( i think) and that your goal is120. How did you get from 155-138?!?!
  • faeryluvr
    Options

I'm on week 3 of the 2nd month. The workouts are definitely tougher and longer. I thought I was used to it by the end of Month 1, but whoa... Month 2 kicks your *kitten*.
  • fitmomma23
    Options
    Fitmamma23- question...it says on your profile that you were at 155 and now 138 ( i think) and that your goal is120. How did you get from 155-138?!?!

I had a baby a year ago, and 155 was my "settled" weight. After you have a baby most of your weight is just water and the baby basically so 155 was after all that was gone. I have been working out on and off for the past year. For about 2 weeks I did a cleanse I guess you could call it where all I ate was fruit and that helped a lot. I think my body was still getting rid of the baby weight so it came off pretty easy. I did P90X while I lost that weight. These pounds I have left are a little more stubborn Ü