Advice for weekends?

Options
I do great with my calories during the week, but weekend comes, and my husband is home and we are so busy with family and going out and stuff that I have a hard time keeping under on my calories and eating healthy. It seems like all the weight I lose during the week, I gain half of it back again on the weekends. Does anyone else struggle on weekends?

Replies

• mskisha1120
    mskisha1120 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • FitNHappy0261
    Options
    If you tend to eat out on the weekends I would research the restaurants you would normally eat at and plan you're meals before hand so when you go you don't even have to open the menu and be tempted by mega calorie foods.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Too many parties and fine dining. I'm gonna have to put myself in time-out!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I struggle every weekend! I started making somethings ahead of time that I know I can eat to maintain my daily calorie goal ahead of time. Like I'll cook up some chicken and cut up some fruit so it's ready. I've also researched some low fat crock pot dishes that I can put in first thing in the morning. I don't always stick with it but I make sure to hit the gym a little longer too.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem on the weekends...I never seem to eat enough. I find though if I plan all my meals in advance, I do better.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    If you tend to eat out on the weekends I would research the restaurants you would normally eat at and plan you're meals before hand so when you go you don't even have to open the menu and be tempted by mega calorie foods.

Definitely do this...I did it a couple of weeks ago and found that the burrito I USED to get at Moe's Southwest Grill was over 1300 calories. I ended up switching it up to a Chicken and Rice Bowl without the cheese and ranch sauce and had all of the grilled veggies and fresh cilantro and diced jalapenos which comes in around 800 calories, but I was full after half of it! Managed to scale down to a 400 calorie dinner that was DELICIOUS and kept me full!
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    bump...same problem!
  • vnmw121212
    vnmw121212 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Try and keep alot of snacks with you.. things you can just keep in your purse that aren't to bad for you, and when you do go out to eat, since there is nothing wrong with that, just try and order from the lighter selections..and all else fails if you indulge a little to much make sure to workout a little longer to make up for it :)
  • jennlloyd
    jennlloyd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really do need to plan ahead. I ate at Costa Vida Saturday and had enchiladas (my absolute fav there) and found out after that it was over 1000 calories. Good thing I only drank water with my meal!
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I definitely have the same issue.... so I'd like to see the suggestions! My main suggestion is that you commit yourself to workout extra for any extra calories you consume over your normal daily limit. That has helped me a bit, but I still can't commit myself to eating healthy all weekend, and always end up hating Mondays when I really feel the effects of the weekend :/