Help Needed

Options
Help! I lost 80 lbs about two years ago, but have completely fallen off the banwaggon with a thud! I have, unfortunately gained 60 lbs back. Any suggestions on how to get back on track? I need some encouragement!

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    uve taken a step coming back on, come on u can do it:smile:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Being on here is a great start! I have seen SO many people who have lost 50, 60, and more pounds on here! I have already lost 12 since January 27th!
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have a similar story- lost 125, now up close to 50. Honestly, just jump back on. This site has been such a great help for me too- log your food- drink water- work out, and keep A POSITIVE ATTITUDE.
    Figure out what made you cause the weight gain- it's not that we're lazy- oftentimes people are depressed or have anxiety and are emotional eaters!
  • jamiek89
    jamiek89 Posts: 105
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. Set yourself mini goals not necessarily in your weight but more in eating & exercise. (eg this week I will aim to exercise for 30mins at least 3 days) or something like that. Once you get started, the momentum will get going and youll hopefully find it easier to stay on track. Good luck!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'd say firstly work on just sticking to your daily calorie allowance and then, when you have that down begin with improving the quality of your calories e.g - making healthier choices. Finally, I'm not sure about what you do for exercise but if you're not exercising at all then try to go for 20 mins of walking each day increasing it by a few mins every few days.

Good luck
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just get back on the wagon! Pick yourself up and dust yourself off! I had lost 114lbs and gained 40 back over about 6 months, as of the 1st of the year I just decied to get back at it and I have lost almost 50lbs! You can do it. It isn't going to be easy but you can do it!
  • zamiesgirl
    Options
    You have already took the first step by being here. I have been here since feb 15. Its a struggle for me every day but I do not let anything stop me. I go the gym now every other day an I walk 8 miles a day. I finally found a buddy to go to the gym with me we only got 2 times a week right now and only for an hour. I still have a long way to go. Keep your head up and dont let anything bring you down.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    First off before even starting looking into diet make sure that you have reached what I call the "aha moment" when you realize that you are so sick of being at the current state in your life that you simply have gone from making your health a "nice thing to have" to a "must have" If you have not hit that then do some soul searching and try to get that on track. Next with that said congrats on wanting to make the change, if you really want to get on track then check out my blog for diet and workout advice to get you kick started and get the metabolism working for you and not against you. A clean eating diet is what I strongly urge to people solely because of the health benefits and the huge difference it will make to how you feel overall. I do not advocate being a diet nazi as diets fail plain and simple, life long commitments to a healthy lifestyle are what stick and keep you going. its not how often you fall off the wagon but how often you get back on it once you do fall off that makes the difference.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Been there done that (check my profile)!

Since I own jeans in every size from 10 to 22, it helped me to put away the size I was wearing and to squeeze into the next size smaller that were uncomfortably tight and muffintoppy. I KNEW those jeans fit before at one time in my life. . . but then, so did three pair even smaller. So, that was two months ago, and now THAT pair is loosey goosey and I've moved down to the next size smaller to motivate myself to keep going!

And honestly, getting back into the "bite it and write it" habit on MFP has been a BIG help!