Starting and stopping

Options
Hey guys,
Ive just started exercising and I find it easier to go for 10 minutes, break for 2 minutes, and repeat until I'm tired.
Is there anything wrong with taking the 2 minute break?

Replies

• Bunny711
    Bunny711 Posts: 7
    Options
    There shouldn't be anything wrong with it as long as you do a proper warm up and cool down and you can slowly shorten the 2 mins so you don't have to do it anymore within the few months.
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    It could actually be good. People interval train like that frequently. I wouldn't stop completely for 2 minutes, I would walk slowly or do anything to keep your feet moving.
  • coderedcoderedjkjk
    Options
    I'm sure that's fine! It probably depends on everyone though. Like if I stop, I'm less likely to keep going so I have to push through it. But if it works for you, I'm sure it's not problem :3
  • dancinblonde0099
    dancinblonde0099 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When i'm on the Elliptical i go at a fast pace for 5min then i go backwards slowly for a minute then repeat lol I don't know why I started to do it but it seems to work for me.
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Ha...i wish i could do that...i try but then i end up not wanting to go back to exercise....i do better just going all at once...but my friend does 15 mins. then breaks for 5 then 15 more mines