a question

Options
I have a quick question. So if I know that I am going out for dinner and dinner will be a higher calorie meal than most of my meals usually are, is ok to plan my other meals just for that day to be smaller so that i have enough left over for the dinner? Or will that mess up my metabolism since I lump most of my calories in one meal?

Replies

• seemichellerun
    Options
    I usually plan ahead like that if I know I'm hitting a restaurant or party for dinner. One day is not going to ruin your metabolism.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism won't stall in a day or even a week. It's okay. :)
  • MindyC7609
    MindyC7609 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others -- that's what I do too, and one day won't mess you up that much...
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I do that and no I really don't think that one or even 2 days would mess up your metabolism. I believe it takes more than that for your body to go into "starvation mode" no matter what you do. But I would suggest eating a small meal early in the day at least.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    That's a great way to plan for the day... and it won't have a negative impact.
  • gaterbear
    gaterbear Posts: 68
    Options
    I agree with all the other responses. One "trick" I use when I know in advance where I will be having dinner is to look for the restaurant''s menu on line and sort of plan out what I will order. It has helped me in many situations as it reduces the temptation of dealing with the entire menu of choices after getting to the restaurant. Good Luck.
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    I agree with everyone's comments. Its important NOT to starve yourself before going out or you will eat everything in sight (I speak from experience) but definitely you can eat leaner during the day and save up your calories for later. One thing I also do is try and do just a little bit extra exercise that day. I usually earn an average 400-500 calories a day working out but if I know i have an event and will ahve a cocktail or two, I try to burn an extra 300 calories (ie., walk in the afternoon/walk after the event) . The calories burned will add up and offset your occasional indulgence!
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my birthday and my Fiance told me he is taking me out to dinner at Benihanas. We are meeting another couple and I'm really looking forward to it as I had surgery last Monday and have been stuck in this dang house for a week!!!!

Today I looked up the menu online so that I can plan ahead with an idea of what I plan on ordering tomorrow night for dinner. One day is not going to hurt you. :wink: It is all about lifestyle change, being accountable. I would suggest drinking lots of water on the day that you plan on going out!!! I definitely plan on doing that!!!:drinker:

Enjoy yourself!!!!:flowerforyou: