Is it wrong...

Options
That I feel like I want to go work out after every meal? I just looked at the calories I've already consumed today and am horrified. Does anyone else ever feel like this?

Replies

• yukifer
    yukifer Posts: 41
    Options
    Just remember, Your natural thermogenics are always at play. It takes lots of calories to keep your body working. Be gentle with yourself. I'm sending grace your way. Keep up the great work !
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Nope - I never feel horrified or guilty unless I way overdid it. A 300-600 calorie meal? A 100-300 calorie snack? Nothing to be afraid of. Calories are our friend. They fuel our body. We NEED them. Like all good things - you can have too much... that's when there's a problem. I peeked at your diary, and you had an <300 calorie breakfast, a 500ish calorie lunch, and a 300 calorie snack. Nothing ridiculous. You burned 800 calories from exercise, so you still have 1000 calories left to go for dinner. I'd say you're doing just fine.

You should not feel guilty for fueling your body. If we burned off everything we ate after every meal, we'd be running on a 0 or negative calorie intake (net) for the day, which wouldn't be healthy. Do that long enough, and you're just asking from some serious long-term effects.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Sounds a little worrying that you feel like that. I jut looked at your diary and this is just a thought but maybe you could look at making healthier food choices, that way you can eat more and still consume less calories. That might make you feel better.

Well done on your success so far.
  • yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If calories are the fuel for your engine, why feel bad about refueling? :smile:

I don't think it's wrong, but you may be beating yourself up for no reason.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I am mortified to think of the junk I ate before paying attention. I never used to be self conscious about my body BEFORE I dieted, I just knew I needed to lose weight. NOW, I am very self conscious. I want to burn off everything I eat just to get down. I see my ticker and in a way its frusterating me because everyones losing weight around me, yet I am strictly following my diet, (for the last week and a half) and I have lost MAYBE 1 pound. I am working out, and trying REALLY hard. Ugh.... I feel your pain lady, I just want this weight gone! I know there is no easy shortcut, I just want it gone anyways...
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    I agree with what others have said ... calories are fuel!

That being said maybe try to get away from the processed stuff? Veggies, smaller snacks scattered throughout the day?

If you look at my food diary, I'm trying to eat pretty clean this week ... and honestly I'm not hungry. Unlike last week, when I was going to bed hungry most nights, even when I was going over my calories. I think it's because I'm eating a lot of fiber and a lot of protein... just an idea - not saying I'm perfect!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I think the food choices are the problem, but there isn't much I can do about them right now. I am a full time student with no income and my boyfriend and I are in the middle of buying a house. Money is tight. This is NOT the way I like to eat. I would much rather pig out on fresh fruit and veggies, and I think that's what I am feeling horrible about. Thanks for the input guys!