snacks for uni

Options
Hi everyone..

I've just started university today and have been looking over my timetable and realised that some days I have lectures from 9am through til 3pm no real break between them apart from tutor change over period,

my question is can anyone suggest any low cal but filling snacks I could take that would help to keep me going through the lessons.. but not nuts cause I don't like them!

thanks in advance :)

Replies

• deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Clif Bars and fruit get my teenager through his long days.
  • denisecc
    denisecc Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Emerald 100 calorie Dry Roasted Almonds, Clemintine oranges, Any kind of fruit is good. There is all kinds of flavored rice cakes by quaker that are good. 90 calorie fiber one bars are good, they have chocolate and peanut butter, they help fill a void when I am hungry...
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    Dried fruit, meal bars, granola bars, homemade chex mix (you can customize it!), rice cakes, special k crackers.

There are a lot of good snacks out there but make sure you read the labels of what you're buying!! A lot of things that claim to be healthy really aren't that great for you.

Hope you find something that works for you!
  • dream_litotes
    Options
    I like eating a slice of German rye bread (or half of one). It's quick and not messy and very tasty, and one slice is usually 125-175 calories.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    thanks guys - might look into cereal bars a bit more - all the ones I've found so far are high in cals and stuff =/
    dried fruit might be the best option - if i ration it out into bag at the start of the week so it doesn't take me too far over my sugar levels