Looking for buddies!

Options
Hello. I have been on MFP for a little over a week. I am trying to lose around 10 Ibs to start. In know it is going to take a while though, so I think this site is going to help me get into a better healthier lifestyle.

I think having some friends on here would keep me motivated, I lose motivation really easily, especially when I have family members who look at me like I'm nuts trying to track and manage what I eat. So that doesn't really help.

So if there are any tips on how to eat a bit healthier. I don't eat very well and I want to get away from the crap and get to the more healthy foods, I just don't always know what those are.

Replies

• Rachy80
    Rachy80 Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi

Welcome to MFP, I have been on here just under a week and would also like some freinds for motivational support. I will send through a friend request.

I am trying to lose 10kgs over a long period and also trying to get fit and healthy as I have recently stoped smoking so have added on the kilos in the progress.

Rachelx
  • Lele71
    Lele71 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hello. What I have been doing is instead of eating white bread I only eat whole wheat. I have also cut out anything with high fructose corn syrup. I only eat red meat and pork once a month and I also have cut back on diet soda and I am drinking much more water. I know what you mean about family members.
  • invisiblerunner23
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I will have to keep that in mind. I have been working on my water intake, not doing to bad with it.