Day One...again

Options
Toofhairy
Toofhairy Posts: 106 Member
After about six months of eating whatever I felt like, I am mentally ready to start trying to lose weight again. The stress that got me here hasn't gone away, but I am hoping that getting back in the gym will help alleviate some of it. Or, at least, shopping for some clothes that are a few sizes smaller might! Lol. I am not making lofty promises to myself this time around. I just want to get healthy and lose weight with sensible diet and exercise. Seeing that I'm not alone in this situation will hopefully help keep me on track. So, hello everyone!! :smile:

Replies

• zulunery
    zulunery Posts: 22
    Options
    Hello Toofhairy! The right mind set has so much to do with losing the weight. I tried everything out there and I would lose but then I would gain it all back, I think it was because I wasn't mentally ready to make a life change. Now is the right time for me; it's not about looks anymore, it's about my health and feeling better physically, which will make me feel better mentally and emotionally. Good luck to you, and me, and hopefully we'll both be posting fabulous before/after pics!
  • helehcim
    helehcim Posts: 20
    Options
    The title of your post brought me here. I wrote "DAY ONE" in lip liner on my bathroom mirror about two weeks ago, sort of a personal epifany (sp?). To me it means every day is "day one" and I'm not going to beat myself up for eating home made apple crisp with the kids and going over 150 calories, or for not getting on the eliptical for three days because I had a sick kid that needed me more. It's made staying with it easier. I found I was quitting or stalling or 'cheating' out of a feeling of failure. Sometimes at 10am. Why call a whole day a failure at 10am!?

So welcome back! Day One!!