I'm within my calories & gaining weight

Options
2»

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you're weighing yourself at the gym, you're probably not weighing yourself first thing in the morning. Eating something different, wearing something different, having something in your bladder or bowels... that's all going to contribute to your weight.
  • scottlaurie
    Options
    I struggled with the whole weight issue 12 months ago, I would recommend instead of weight you have a body fat measurement done by the local gym or PT. Its a process where they measure the fat over certain parts of your body with calipers and give you an overall percentage of fat on your body. It has been said heaps in the reply's, muscle weighs more than fat, so good on you for bulking up a bit. Don't worry about the scales too much, unless you intend on starting boxing and want to reach a weight division.
  • jameskirkbride
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!

thanks for being so supportive! I'll let you know how I get on ... Hopefully it is just a fluctuation from today.
  • JMatGam
    JMatGam Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is how many calories you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day — basically, how many calories you burn just to stay alive. The 2500 makes sense then.