Pants sizes???

Options
I was just curious as to how many pounds it took for you to officially go down a pants size? I know it varies from everyone. I've lost 17 pounds so far and still haven't comfortably lost a pant size. I can fit into my older jeans, but they're still too snug for me to want to wear them. So just wanted to see what it was like for everyone else! :)

Replies

• dixiejeep
    dixiejeep Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds so far, and im still in the same jeans i was originally in. they're just a little looser.....but i cant fit into a size down yet
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It really does vary. I'm a pear, so I have the problem of my hips fitting but not around the waist. Takes lots of trying on clothes to find the right fitting pair.

Read my profile. It kind of explains my weight to pant size over the years.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    i have lost 21 pounds and I am still in the same pant size, depending on brand i am either a 13 or an 11. I am currently at 176. i carry most of my weight in my belly though. My problem is my pants are to lose in the legs but fit in the waist and if i go down a size they fit the legs but are to tight in the waist. Once I lose about another 6 pounds I am going to start toning.
  • PrincessLacey
    Options
    i'm like 90% sure that it took me 20-30 pounds
    currently im a 16 and i'm doing the 30DS and my pant legs are getting bigger :D
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    they SAY that 15 pounds is one pant or dress size, but i've lost 40# an went from a 10/12 to a 2/4 so more like 10 pounds = a size?
  • nedasdaughter
    nedasdaughter Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 23lbs and I am still in the same size, but honestly they were too snug to begin with soooo...
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Went from 12 to 4-6 in 8 pounds.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have gone from an 18 stretch (probably 20, but I couldn't bring myself to go up a size) to now I am a 6/8. I think I noticed it first around the 20lb lost mark.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    I have lost 26 pounds and I went from a 12 to a 7/6
  • choley222
    choley222 Posts: 57
    Options
    It was about 20 lbs before I went down a size but I have lost over 80 lbs and have gone from a size 22 to a 10 so that's more than a size every 20 lbs. I think a lot of it has to do with toning and where you are losing the weight.
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! :)
    Hopefully I'll be seeing the size drop within a few more pounds!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I went down 2 sizes with 15 pounds. This time around, i've lost 12 so far, and no sizes. But my body shape is changing enormously.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    So far it has been about 10lbs=1 size. I started out comfortable in size 14s and now I'm a comfortable size 10, but it depends on your body shape and where your body likes to store weight.
  • fantomette
    fantomette Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I don't know how it works, really.
    I think pants size is something we cannot rely on...
    I was 19 yrs old and a tiny little chica, 118 pounds and wearing size 29 jeans.
    I was 30 yrs old, 160 pounds and wearing a 30 which isn't that much bigger size.
    ...and then I got really sick, went down to 120 lbs because of it (in only a few weeks) and...had to buy a few pairs of 27 and even a few size 1 and 3 pants. I was shocked (wasn't really pretty- let me say I didn't dropped the pounds on purpice I was really sick and couldn't do anything about it).

I've gained up all my weight but I'm back at a size 30.

I'm exercising and eating well, I think I'm replacing the fat with muscles.

I really think it depends of a lot of factors, including your shape. I know I'll always have an *kitten* and waist.
    Some friends of mine are really really thin but still they take larger size of jeans than I am.
    Went shopping with a friend of mine, she's really tall and 20 pounds heavier but we went in the cabin with the same size of jeans!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much toning you've done as well. I'm down 35 pounds total and just about 3 sizes.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 lbs and only 2 pant sizes, but I'm a guy and all the weight was in my stomach.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    I lost 70 lbs and only 2 pant sizes, but I'm a guy and all the weight was in my stomach.
    Theres part of the magic unanswer. depends where you carry your weight. It was 30 lbs for me and than I started building great muscle and went down another size sometimes 2 and only loss 6 or so lbs
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    It took me about 15lbs to go from a 12 to an 8. My next goal is a 4/6!
  • amysambora
    amysambora Posts: 219
    Options
    When I was 20lbs heavier I was a 10, now I'm almost in a 6. They'll fit in the legs but the hips are still a little tight...then they're loose in the waist. Gotta love that pear shape, lol.
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    26 lbs lost, was a size 8 with lovely muffin top, now a size 4 with plenty of room in the waist. In jeans went from (just thinking about it horrifies me) squeezing out of a 28/in denial 29 to a 26 with, again, plenty of room in the waist. Just recently dared to check the size thing. The idea of two digits clearly becoming necessary is what got me into this for reals. My old jeans (all of my pants/skirts basically) I can take off without unbuttoning. If they stay on at all.