My dilema: Skipping with an ample boosom

Options
zeeeb
zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
So, anyone else have this problem? and what do you do?

I tried skipping in a boxing class recently and felt like a total idiot, here i was jumping and my poor old boobs were going to a whole different beat than the rope and my feet. It is really a great exercise to get your heart rate up, but man, i just can't do it without strapping those puppies down.

I wear a good sports bra, but it's just not enough.

I'd really like to get into skipping, and refine my skills, but is it just not for those who have out of control boobs?

Replies

• uubulldawg06
    uubulldawg06 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem even if all i am doing is running. i have to wear 2 sports bras and then have a tank on with a built in bra. This is the only way i have been able to control the girls.
  • kbloodworth
    kbloodworth Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Two sports bras (one with cups, and one that flattens on top). Although now that I have lost 25 lbs, the boobs are going bye-bye.
  • jacque1109
    jacque1109 Posts: 129
    Options
    Bra
    1 super dooper sports bra
    1 other sports bra
    1 fitness tank with built in bra

REF: 36F & breastfeeding

:)
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I bought a super heavy duty sports bra with cups that doesn't let it go anywhere. Unfortunately, it was a little bit expensive, but it was worth it.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I bought a super heavy duty sports bra with cups that doesn't let it go anywhere. Unfortunately, it was a little bit expensive, but it was worth it.
    Yup, my fav new one was $50, but I LOVE it, and so do the girls!
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I was just going to post this question too.
    I have implants DD and u think natural ones hurt.. OMG fake ones are worse.. they make the chest muscle so sore and burn and they weigh more.
    I have bought a sport bra that was too small to have them super close to my chest and when I run or jog they just work their way out.
    I have ( and dont laugh) put a sports top on and then wrapped duck tape around me to hold them in place. It works for a while but a real pain to get out of.
    I dont mind spend a few extra dollars on a nice one as long as it does the job. Its not like Im going to lose them by losing weight at this point.
    I really need to be able to get back to jogging or running to get my metabolism going again
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yup, my fav new one was $50, but I LOVE it, and so do the girls!

what brand and where did you get yours
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    This is the very reason I had a breast reduction 25 years ago. Used to run 6 miles every day and my boobs were black and blue from all the weight bouncing around - and I wore two sports bras! Very heavy boobs!

Back then I was a mere 110lbs with 36C boobs and 33" hips. No problems with my chest anymore (went to a 36B). Unfortunately my boobs were the first place I gained and the last place I lost weight from. Now, as a result of the surgery everything has shifted down to my hips - am ample 36"! At least my hips don't give me problems the way my boobs did lol!
  • MissMe2morrow
    Options
    Same as the above ladies-- I wear two, and one of them is an Under Armour, front-zip that was about $50 but it's AWESOME!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I reply to every single one of these posts. ENELL!!!

I'm serious. You will not bounce an ounce in this bra. It's pricey and worth every penny. I've worn mine almost, every single day (no joke) for the last 9 months. It comes down really far on your torso, and actually looks similar to what I've seen women boxers wear in the ring. At least that's what I always think of when I wear it. I'm a 32-34 DD runner, (trying anyway) and I would never ever wear anything else.

I got it here:
    http://www.ladiesonlysports.com/
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Even when I was thin, I was a 34 DD so this has ALWAYS been an issue for me.

Here are the bras that have worked well for me (runner), and I wear a tank with a shelf bra over them:

-Enell

-Moving Comfort Maia Bra (this is my favorite)

-Champion Powerback Underwire

-Champion Double Dry Seamless Underwire

I have not tried this one, but have my eye on it due to STELLAR reviews: http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/royce/sports-bras/ro10-details.aspx?colour=grey-marl&ck=C0ltqxqea5Q= and this one: http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/shock-absorber/soft-cup-bras/be53-details.aspx?colour=teal&ck=C0ltqxqea5Q=

It's hard to find larger cup sizes in most stores. You almost always need to order online if you're a DD or larger. And as with a regular bra, finding the right band size is crucial. The back of the band should be level with the front and snug against your ribs. If the bra has underwire, it should be flush against your ribcage, even between your breasts--otherwise, it's useless.

Many of these bras have very firm fabric OVER the breasts, to stop bounce. I find these more comfortable than the ones that rely more on compression (as the Enell does). But you'll have to try a few out and then decide what you like best.

If you haven't been professionally fitted for a bra lately, start there, so you have some idea of your actual size. Most women are in too large a band size and too small a cup size. So start there and then try out sports bras.
  • zeeeb
    Options
    Well, i went and bought another bra to go over the top (just a crop top, no wire type one) and it works a treat, they hardley move when i jump up and down...

i do feel like i'm totally strapped up, but amazing to be able to jump up and down without feeling like you are going to knock yourself out.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Ductape?
  • zeeeb
    Options
    yeah, that would work ok, but a bit messy and time consuming to get on and off. and a tad embarrassing in the change rooms i'd imagine (can you just give me a hand and rip that bit off and try not to take my skin with it?)