Just starting seriously... Must gain weight.

Options
I just recently started using My Fitness Pal. I really enjoy the mobile application. I have been "wanting" to gain weight for the longest time now. And by "wanting" I mean just that. There hasn't been much effort until now. I have finally gotten to the point where I am serious and I can't stand to look at my bra/underwear clad body in the mirror. So far I have been doing pretty well. I sometimes find it hard to work up an appetite, which makes me go a long while without feeling hungry. May I ask for some tips to working up an appetite, or foods that even eaten in moderation will help the gaining process?

Replies

• hunnyxox
    hunnyxox Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm not an expert in this... but i'd say be sure to include nuts in your diet. :) They're a great source of healthy protein and good oils that will help build muscle not turn into fat that'll just flub around on your body.
  • kaitlyn12osu
    Options
    I agree. Definitely add some nut butters. Also, try eating every 3 hours, even if you aren't hungry between meals grab a protein bar or some peanut butter and a banana. Cliff bars are calorie dense and would probably be good to eat in between meals!
  • ttime20
    ttime20 Posts: 3
    Options
    I would definitely agree with the above poster. You are going to want to make sure to get plenty of protein along with some necessary fats and carbs in order to gain weight healthily. However, it also highly depends on what type of workout plan you are currently on. How often do you work out and what does your workout normally consist of?
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    I can help you, since I gain quickly! :D I don't have any processed food in the house so everything I over eat on is good for me :o)

1 cup of oat groat porridge w/natural yogurt, 1 TBL ground flax seed & 1 TBL local raw honey for breakfast,

Have a panini sandwich w/about 7 oz of lean meat, and 1 oz of fresh cheese, 1/2 an avocado. Brush w/extra virgin olive oil and press/warm.

Dinner, 2 cups leafy green lettuce, 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of red bell pepper, 1/4 avocado, 1 oz feta cheese, sliced cucumbers, a small red tomato, top w/1 TBS balsamic vinegar

snacks:
    12-24 blanched almonds & 1/2 Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate bar
    Whole wheat honey bread slices w/raw honey for an evening snack, more blanched almonds(6), have a Costco frozen yogurt treat, eat a least 1/2.
    10 cups of popcorn popped in 3 TBS extra virgin coconut oil to 1 cup popcorn kernals. Go ahead and eat the entire pot if you like!

Drink 10 glasses of water!
    Should gain about 5 pounds in 2 days eating this diet.

I'm the opposite of anorexic but I am in a healthy weight range, unless I keep eating this diet for a week!!!!
  • demickmon
    Options
    Oh and did I mention I'm a vegetarian as well?? Which just makes everything more difficult.
  • demickmon
    Options
    I would definitely agree with the above poster. You are going to want to make sure to get plenty of protein along with some necessary fats and carbs in order to gain weight healthily. However, it also highly depends on what type of workout plan you are currently on. How often do you work out and what does your workout normally consist of?

I am a very active person. which is good but it sucks because i have to eat that much more! I'm a golfer and I play 3-4 times a week. I walk/jog my dog every other day, and I use leg weights under my desk at work. Pull ups here and there.