The Lazy Chef

Options
I'm working a blog over the next 80 days where I try out 80 recipes from Six Ingredients or Less Cooking Light and Healthy. Check it out! I'll be posting a review of the recipe I tried that day, the shopping list, the directions, nutritional info, and ratings on level of difficulty, yumminess and healthy-ness. Also, what I'd do differently next time, if anything! So stop on by and take a gander :smile:

http://casey-thelazychef.blogspot.com/

Replies

• shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I love food blogs. Are you going to be posting pics of what the meal looks like?
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I didn't think about it, but I can! Too late for tonight's meal :frown:
  • FitToBeFab
    Options
    Last night I made easy beef tacos! SOOO DELICIOUS! Get the recipe on my blog!
    http://casey-thelazychef.blogspot.com/
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy - BUT don't copyright laws prevent you from copying and/or posting recipes (or anything for that matter) straight from a book you purchased??

If you're going for a Julie and Julia aspect here - she never posted the recipes on her blog, only the title of the recipe and the drama that enfolded while she was making it...

Sorry to be a buzzkill.
  • FitToBeFab
    Options
    Good point. It made me look up the copywrite situation, and apparently there was a similar concern involving a charity cookbook. In the article I read, Copywrite law specialits stated that the liklihood of being sued over a recipe being published on the internet is slim to none. Copyright law specifies that "substantial literary expression in the form of an explanation or directions," such as a cookbook, can be copyrighted but that a mere list of ingredients cannot receive that protection. For the most part, my explanation and directions are in my own words.