camping

Options
i am going camping this weekend from sunday through wed. I will have lots of temptations. I will just try not to eat as many chips and i will try to write down my calories.

does anyone have any advice for me?

Replies

• ashley2011
    ashley2011 Posts: 66
    Options
    i am going camping this weekend from sunday through wed. I will have lots of temptations. I will just try not to eat as many chips and i will try to write down my calories.

does anyone have any advice for me?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    steer clear of the smores.... they pack a big caloric punch but are sooo yummy:grumble: Bring lots of bottled water and some turkey dogs for roasting over the fire :bigsmile: HAVE FUN! I'm jealous!
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    We go camping A LOT (We'e leaving Thurs for our next trip hehe).

I take....

Jennie O Lean Turkey Burgers
    Whole WHeat Rolls
    Fat Free Hot Dogs
    Fat Free Pringles
    Cheddar Chex Mix (for campfire snacking lol)
    I make low fat Mac Salad
    Low fat Tater Salad

For breakfasts I make egg beater omelets (with ff cheese & onion), turkey bacon and wheat toast.

WATER, and lots of it.

When we go next weekend.. I'm making a big pot of sloppy joe (made with lean ground turkey).... I make it ahead of time so that while we're there all I have to do is warm it up :).

HAVE FUN! :D

Ang
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    yes and bring a big old veggie tray too!!! get lots of hiking and stuff around the campground, or maybe take a swim!!!!
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    To get my exercise in while we camp..... I take my bike and bike around the campground.... I walk around the campgrund... we swim... this trip we're taking this week we'll be at the beach so I plan to take a LONG walk down the beach in the sand!!!!
  • ashley2011
    ashley2011 Posts: 66
    Options
    thanks for all your help!! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    steer clear of the smores.... they pack a big caloric punch but are sooo yummy:grumble: Bring lots of bottled water and some turkey dogs for roasting over the fire :bigsmile: HAVE FUN! I'm jealous!

Oh I donno...You can TOTALLY add these in as your treat. I do! I have one gram cracker, 1/4 of a piece of chocolate, 1 marshmallow and that is my "treat" for the day. I plan for it, but wow...after being good for days, this is my fun item. Just plan it and limit!

I can't wait to hear how your trip went! YEY FOR YOU on a FUN adventure!