the pouch :(

Options
glorod
glorod Posts: 54 Member
soooo, Im trying to get rid of this pregnancy, c-section ugly pouch that I have..any suggestions?? Ive been doing a lot of cardio, the trainer from my gym says thats the best thing to do now to jump start my weightloss but I HATE THIS POUCH!!! it looks nasty and i want to get rid of it....

Replies

• HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem you do...I havent found anything that works yet :(
  • glorod
    Options
    ahhhh!! we need to find something!
  • MrsMuffinRun
    Options
    Hi, I had a c/s with my second (which was fine by me cos I am a big wimp about childbirth) but I know what you mean. I honestly think it's down to losing the weight. I think it's a handy area for the fat to collect. I always used to put weight on my face and backside but they're not an issue any more (small mercies lol) - it's all going on around the tummy area. Just keep plugging away. And you don't have to be perfect anyway. I just want to my clothes to fit and look reasonable in a pair of shorts this summer. I don't need to be a beach babe (good job really lol).
  • am_lowe
    am_lowe Posts: 113
    Options
    sadly, there's no real way to target problem areas, or to spot reduce as it's called. the trainer is right - cardio, cardio, cardio. that being said, you can also work on strengthening your core so that after you lose the weight there you'll be able to see some definition.

i know all about the pouch. i measure my low waist weekly and used to refer to it as my "baby line" lol! after lots and lots of running and jillian michaels, it's more recognizable these days as a "low waist". :smile:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I'm damned if I know. I've been trying to get rid of mine for 5 1/2 years. Caesareans are a *****.
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Options
    Yep it is my new body hate after my c section. It is slowly shrinking with weight loss though
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 c-sections. So I know what you are talking about.:sad:

From what I am learning, cardio will be the best thing. It just takes a while. I even called my OB/GYN (who didn't do my CS's but I love her anyway. :laugh: ) She said, cardio, running (which is cardio), Yoga, Pilattes and Kegels.

I am finally starting to see my lower stomach shrink. I upped my cardio and I think it is really helping.
  • lemanda
    lemanda Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've been able to get mine to shrink down, (I did natural childbirth twice) but I have a little pouch above my belly button that kinda just hangs there and I would love to get that down nice and flat. I just keep doing my workouts to help it go down.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a way to get rid of it without surgery. Nothing has seemed to work for me. I always try to make light of it and I tell every one I was made a quitting time on a Friday....God accidentally gave me two butts....one in the back and one in the front!!
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and it's been 7 years since my C-section. I wish I had the answer. Even after all of my years of cardio, I still have it. I joke that the doctors must have left some guaze in there.

Right after I had my C-section I had heard about Lose Your Mummy Tummy but never followed through with it. Supposedly, it is an exercise workout developed by a OBYGYN nurse (if memory serves me correctly).

Maybe I should look into it again.

Good Luck.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My aunt had to get a tummy tuck for this :-/
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections and have this problem. My OBGYN said surgery was the only way to get rid of it. I refused to believe that so I set out to to exercise and eat right to do it on my own. Last year I achieved it by doing cardio, lifting weights, tracking my food and eating "CLEAN". Once I got where I wanted to, i got lazy, stopped tracking and even though I exercised as much as I usually do, because I didn't eat right, the pooch came back.

Nutrition is an important piece of the puzzle. No matter how many crunches you do, if you are not eating properly, you may not get the abs you're looking for. Here is a link with some info:

http://www.ehow.com/about_5398325_nutrition-plan-develop-abs.html

here is a link with food suggestions:

http://www.quickandsimple.com/diet-weight-loss/tips-calculator/belly-fat-foods

Good luck!
  • glorod
    Options
    thanks for the feed back ladies! im determined to get rid of it without surgery :)
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    thanks for the feed back ladies! im determined to get rid of it without surgery :)
    [/quote

Me too!]