Slow weight loss

Options
Hi, am pretty new here and have been doing this for 16 days and have only lost 2lb or 1 kg. Is it possible that for some people the carbs are quite high and they would be better off eating less carbs, more protein? Anyone experienced the same slow weight loss, although I seem to be doing the right things? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong and am not aware of it..... would appreciate some input, thanks :smile:

Replies

• Greyhawkk
    Greyhawkk Posts: 34
    Options
    Everyone is different...the key is to find out what works for you. For me...it was a low carb kick start...followed by a reduced carb diet...or lifestyle change.....when my weight loss is near completion i will slowly add carbs. For now on MFP i am at a 30% Carb ...40% Prot ......30% Fats ......this works for me...but it took me a few months to find the right ratio.
  • mentalbeat
    mentalbeat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Weight losses are different for everyone, don't pressure yourself to lose too much to fast. Any loss is just that, and you should be proud of your achievement. Do you drink plenty water, personally my losses are less if I dont drink enough. Exercise too eat healthy, drink water and exercise, you are gonna lose it.
    Good luck
    p.s. You ladies also gain alittle at a certain TOM have you figured that into your loss.
  • SadieAnnL
    SadieAnnL Posts: 17
    Options
    That was what I was thinking - that I maybe should cut back on the carbs for the beginning and then slowly add once I've had a good kickstart; physically and emotionally, it helps to get going and keep going. So you still have the right amount of calories, just in different proportions. Thanks for taking the time to answer :)
  • SadieAnnL
    SadieAnnL Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for answering, have to work at the water...usually manage 500ml to a litre a day, although when at the gym, I manage to drink more due to the exercise.
  • bpdai
    bpdai Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I believe that you have hit on the combination that makes a difference for a lot of people. I have only recently come to the same conclusion. Once I began getting my calories more from protien and less from carbs, the weight started coming off. I haven't set any records, but feel like it is moving in the right direction. I was on a plateau and lost nothing for months!