Hips

em80
em80 Posts: 91
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
How long does it normally take to lose inches from your hips?

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Last thing to go. I find this generally with most women who carry there weight there. Hard work and good clean eating. Being consistant with it all and results will come. The time may very with the person
  • jesshall281
    jesshall281 Posts: 219
    i dont mean to be rude as MFP is all about support, but your question is so vague that i think its putting people off from answering it....
    What exercises are you doing?
    How long are you doing exercises for?
    Are you eating your daily calories?
    Are you eating clean or is your diet full of junk?

we cant give you a time scale on when you will lose inches on your hips as we know nothing about your lifestyle, even after we know some more info, we still cant say how long it will take as everyone differs...
  • shellywoodworth
    shellywoodworth Posts: 75 Member
    I have this same problem, seems it is going everywhere but this spot.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Depends completely on you! They're the last place I lose weight, but over the past few months I've noticed some good inch loss on my hips, bear in mind I've been doing this weight loss thing two years!

Just make sure you're doing everything right and consistently and be patient and it'll eventually start happening!
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    I lost inches everywhere else first, but I've now FINALLY lost two inches from my hips. To put that in perspective, I've also lost two inches from EACH thigh in the same amount of time. Clearly common sense has nothing to do with where we lose fat first. :-)

Just keep doing what you're doing. It will come off eventually.
  • em80
    i dont mean to be rude as MFP is all about support, but your question is so vague that i think its putting people off from answering it....
    What exercises are you doing?
    How long are you doing exercises for?
    Are you eating your daily calories?
    Are you eating clean or is your diet full of junk?

we cant give you a time scale on when you will lose inches on your hips as we know nothing about your lifestyle, even after we know some more info, we still cant say how long it will take as everyone differs...

Hi

I'm currently doing Chalean Extreme and Turbo jam before that I was just doing random work out videos.
    I'm eating 1300 calories and eating my exercise calories back sometimes I have 50 to 100 spare
    I'm eating clean the majority of the time sometimes I eat junk though but I mostly eat well.

I just wanted to see what it was like for other people really I've lost quite a lot of my waist just nothing off my hips as yet.
  • em80
    Thanks for the replies :)
  • jesshall281
    jesshall281 Posts: 219
    what is your hip measurement if you dont mind me asking? my hips are 35 inches, and when i look at them and pinch the fat there, i honestly dont think i can get any slimmer on my hips, maybe i just have wide hips??

Maybe thats the case with you? youre losing weight everywhere else but there isnt any fat on your hips to lose?
  • em80
    what is your hip measurement if you dont mind me asking? my hips are 35 inches, and when i look at them and pinch the fat there, i honestly dont think i can get any slimmer on my hips, maybe i just have wide hips??

Maybe thats the case with you? youre losing weight everywhere else but there isnt any fat on your hips to lose?

My hips are 41 inches I'm about a U.K size 14. I was a size 10 not long back so hopefully they will be able shrink. I've always had big hips as well.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    im never sure where you measure your hips? Is it round your pelvis? round the fullest part of your bum, or round your thighs.
  • faerybun
    faerybun Posts: 65
    I have 37'' hips and I honestly don't think I'll be able to lose more than 3'' off of them, ever. I've got those child bearing hips that a kid could cartwheel out of [; Just gotta work on those three inches that are hanging on to my love handles! :X

I carry my weight fairly evenly and have noticed I've lost it quite evenly, too. Three inches from hips, three from waist, four from bust.
This discussion has been closed.