I DID IT!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• nachoqtpie
    Options
    Thanks Suzie!! Has anyone ever told you that you bear a terrible resemblance to Robert Pattinson?? *giggle*
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Kerrymh- I also want to run a 5k in May!! My husband is military and is also a Wounded Warrior... and the run is to benefit them! After that I'm going to keep training and HOPEFULLY do a 10k with a friend of mine in August! Maybe next year I will be able to do the half marathon!! (Okay... I'm getting a little ahead of myself... LOL)

Thanks for all the encouragement guys!! I'm really excited about actually being able to do it!! I never ever thought I could have ever done it!

Well done. I'm doing a 5k in May as well and hope to do it in less than 30 minutes. I'm starting week 4 of C25K tomorrow and I'm slightly nervous but the podcasts are great aren't they. The one I use (NHS one in the UK) also gives you tips on running so you don't get so 'lead legged' and tired.

I also have aims like you (10K in October) and half Marathons sometime next year as well. There is no harm in having a target like that as it gives you something to concentrate on.

Good luck and keep on jogging :smile:
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm also doing c25k. I start week 3 today. I peeked at week 4 and I'm a little nervous about it. But I'm doing so much better than I ever thought I would. The fastest I run at is 6mph, but I think for a 227 lb woman who has been completely inactive for a lot of years, that's not too bad. My goal is to do the mwr bay bridge run/walk in May.
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful and a huge accomplishment! My husband is a jogger and I started yesterday run/walking with him. Other than not breathing correctly and nearly passing out and my chesticles hurting me a bit,:laugh: I enjoyed it. I weighed myself this morning and I lost a pound in a day. That motivates me to continue trying to jog. Gotta get a better exercise bra though...
  • nachoqtpie
    Options
    Thanks guys! I am really starting to enjoy running. About half way thru I started getting a bit winded.. but I made it all the way thru, and the very last run, I started getting a 2nd wind, even tho I didn't feel like I had walked the entire 2 minutes before the very last run. I actually said, out loud "There's no WAY that was 2 minutes!!" LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!