calories burned

Options
I was just wondering if you should count the calories you burn while shopping (food, clothes, ect.) The reason I ask is because shopping for me is only a once a week thing, and I didnt know if that would count as part of my regular burned calories or if i should record it as exercise.

Replies

• lk14040
    lk14040 Posts: 90
    Options
    I was just wondering if you should count the calories you burn while shopping (food, clothes, ect.) The reason I ask is because shopping for me is only a once a week thing, and I didnt know if that would count as part of my regular burned calories or if i should record it as exercise.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would count that at all, one way or the other. Doesn't seem like exercise to me--unless you're hauling tons of groceries up and down stairs or something.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Yeah I agree.. I only log on the calories I work out ..unless it's like vigorous housecleaning for an hour or something.. LOL!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    "They" say that anything you do on a regular basis as a normal part of your routine can't be counted as exercise. If you're doing 6 hours of brisk yardwork as opposed to the once a week mowing you may do, THAT can be counted.

My husband makes me laugh. He works in a convenience store and says "I run around all night, that's my workout." and wonders why his belly isn't going anywhere fast.!