Frustrated with 30 Day Shred DVD

Options
2»

Replies

• tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    This is why a good DVD ripper is often worth it's weight in gold. Even condense multiple videos to one DVD.

What is a DVD ripper? Is it easy to use? Does it let you do this with protected DVDs? I tried to do this with my regular DVD recorder, and it wouldn't record from a protected DVD. I have several videos that I've wanted to combine to make longer. I'm going to go do some searching (hopefully it's not too expensive)!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    [

What is a DVD ripper? Is it easy to use? Does it let you do this with protected DVDs?

DVD ripping software, allows you convert a dvd into one of many file formats - the most popular one being 'AVI' format.
    It's easy to use, just google DVD ripper, and find one that is free (make sure it's free forever & not just for a 14 day trial)

I think there may be some that will let you do protected DVDs, but not sure as I've never needed to.

The rip process also reduces the size of the dvd recording, so you can typically copy 3-4 moovies in AVI format to a DVD disc and play it on a DIVx DVD player or PC.

I've got a DVD player that has a USB connection, so I just copy my AVI files on to that & plug it in & play.
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I've got a DVD player that has a USB connection, so I just copy my AVI files on to that & plug it in & play.
    That's really a cool feature! I want one of those now!!
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I know this is off subject but... Jillian is amazing at what she does no doubt about that! But has anyone realized how Man-ly she talks and how Corny she is when she is giving her little speech in the beginning of her DVDs? LOL! I can't help but to laugh. All that aside though... the chick knows what she is doing. (:

I agree! :laugh: I also want to kick her when she says " a couple more!" If she says 2 more, it really is two. But "a couple" seems to mean 5-10! :sick:
  • ironicguy
    Options
    Mine does the same thing, so frustrating when I'm short on time. I usually put the dvd in, then go get my shoes on and gather my dumbells.

I met the same problem, i guess it is question of the dvd ...

Options

My DVD player is a Toshiba one, and I only paid £45 (approx. $65) for it over here in the UK

Just google toshiba dvd usb player
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options

My DVD player is a Toshiba one, and I only paid £45 (approx. $65) for it over here in the UK

Just google toshiba dvd usb player
    Thanks!! Will do! :happy:
  • JoEllen92
    JoEllen92 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I watch it online
    http://www.megavideo.com/?d=QBXKRCT0
    it takes a while to load up properly but you can skip past bits if you want to.