Need Help

Options
Just wondering how the best way to up my weight loss would be. I've been on here a couple of weeks now and lost a total of 2.8 pound was really hoping to get 2ib a week. I'm walking loads during the day picking kids up from school etc and also pushing a pushchair at the same time. I also play netball twice sometimes three times a week for an hour a time, and have just started running for half an hour too. I always seem to be under my calorie goal and not eating the calories burnt through exercise what am i doing wrong!!!
5306960.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    First off, 1.5 pound a week is GREAT!! It's only been two weeks; don't be in such a hurry. You are doing things the right way to be healthy and sustain your loss. Secondly, read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/188509-my-take-on-exercise-calories-please-read-if-you-are-new I am a HUGE proponent of eating your exercise calories (as you can tell from that link) and that has made a major difference for me and a lot of other people I know on here. You are doing great. Good luck!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Thats what your doing wrong! your not eating enough calories!

Your body wont let you burn off any fat if you dont give it enough calories to fuel itself. and with all that walking and exercise you are actually not going to reap the rewards unless you eat more calories (of the right foods). Your body is defending itself from starvation so its gona cling onto everything,.

The minimum calories you should ever eat is 1200. this is just enough to get your body to function. try eating 1400 cals and you will see the difference whilst continuing with your regular routine.

Good luck x
  • 2004Jessica
    2004Jessica Posts: 113
    Options
    I'm not an expert, but you need some kind of response. It looks like you have been very active. And I have heard that fitness is not only measured in pounds. It is also measured in inches, plus I think you can be healthier on the inside- lower cholesterol, muscle tone, strength. I would not give up. How do you feel overall? Physically, mentally, mood wise. Are you more energetic, less tired, more confident? I think you are doing a great job. Just one thing- drinking water is very important especially if you are very active. I don't know what it does for weight loss, but if you get dehydrated, you will soon know it!!! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, i suppose i know 1.5ib a week is good bit it just seems very slow going, I am eating around 1400 calories a day give or take sometimes more sometimes a bit less so didn't think i would be hitting the problem of going into starvation mode. the weight i am trying to lose is from 3 babies one who is ten months so it is hard to fit in any more exercise other than the walking and netball. I have noticed some inch loss too so is suppose thats great. Not going to give up this time have done that too many times before!!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Thats good to hear that you wont give up! iv felt like doing that since joining. iv been religiously on this site since the start of the year and i actually thought i was getting bigger but its just my body changing and with the exercise the muscles building which is why my clothes got tighter but now i can deffo see the difference.

just keep going. At least your losing instead of going the wrong way on the scales! x