Bow Flex anyone?

Options
Okay-so my hubby clearly understands that I am trying to do what I can to be healthier.:heart: I have been working out daily with my Slim in 6 videos, which, so far, I like. Here's the deal-he wants to get us a Bow Flex, and I'm just not sure about it. I've watched the internet videos and have seen my share of infomercials on it. Does anyone have one? Do you like it? Is it difficult to change from exercise to exercise? Help me out if you can.:bigsmile:

Replies

• back2beingme
    Options
    Okay-so my hubby clearly understands that I am trying to do what I can to be healthier.:heart: I have been working out daily with my Slim in 6 videos, which, so far, I like. Here's the deal-he wants to get us a Bow Flex, and I'm just not sure about it. I've watched the internet videos and have seen my share of infomercials on it. Does anyone have one? Do you like it? Is it difficult to change from exercise to exercise? Help me out if you can.:bigsmile:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine bought one a while back--he "had to have it." I don't think he used it even once--meanwhile, he's gained at least 20 pounds, and now has the largest most expensive towel rack he ever bought.

Oh, yeah, I think he's still paying on it, too.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    What about a membership to the Racquetball Club there? I signed up and LOVED it! They do have child care, which Devin loved the older "youth" area. I thought it was VERY inexpensive, and I did not have to sign up for MONTHS at a time. I loved it! The spin class was great, the hours wonderful...This could be some great time for both of you.
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I always liked those infomertials (sp?). Enjoyed watching those cute guys. Always said I would only buy one if the guy came with it.....:laugh:

I know I am no help what-so-ever. Forgive me, I am 5 hours into a slumber party with 8 eight year old giggling guys....:noway:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here right now looking at mine...sad right? When we first got it, I was on it everother day, and I did get stronger.

I just need to get my butt in gear and get back to strength training....my work has been a nightmare for the past 5 months and i'm just so tired and stressed.

My goal next week is to get back on my PreCor and the Bowflex!

by the way switching between different reps is no different then going from machine to machine in a gym. Just takes a minute to switch.
  • back2beingme
    Options
    Well thanks for all the input everyone! I guess I didn't really need to ask whether we should invest in one or not cause my dear husband bought the thing already! He is so impatient...:grumble: Anyways-I do appreciate the feedback, maybe I'll like it-he sure better:bigsmile:

Princess-I'll look into the raquet Club-thanks!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Well thanks for all the input everyone! I guess I didn't really need to ask whether we should invest in one or not cause my dear husband bought the thing already! He is so impatient...:grumble: Anyways-I do appreciate the feedback, maybe I'll like it-he sure better:bigsmile:

Princess-I'll look into the racquet Club-thanks!

I know Tony J & Jennifer go there... BAHHHH!!! Another friend from here does also...Ummm...There really are several WHS'ers who do. It might be fun! Jason E and his wife...thinking...ya know??? I'm too tired to think.

They have so many different options. I loved their Spin Class!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Well my fiance has used one and loves it. But it's only for strength training... and it's not really for beginners. (my guy is a phys-ed teacher and works out everyday) I think your videos make more sense for you..... your man probably wants it more for himself.