Setting my activity level

Options
pelleld
pelleld Posts: 363 Member
I've currently got my activity level set at "active" and only journal/record my structured exercise like Curves and the Shred DVD. However, we are heading into my most active season, Spring and I'm not sure what to do with my settings. From now to Mid-May I will be busting my butt doing my indoor Spring cleaning and outdoor yard work. We have 3 acres and I am an avid gardener. I will be raking, weeding, planting, mulching and various other strenuous tasks. Should I change my activity level during this time or leave it alone and just record the extra work in my exercise log? I want to get it right so I don't either overeat or end up in starvation mode. Please help :)

Replies

• pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Anyone??????:smile:
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Sorry nobody replied to your question. I am really not sure which is why I didn't answer. I guess I would add it if it is strenuous enough to get your HR up. I had hoped someone else would have answered you.

I posted a question too and no answers either. I had to bump it up.
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to record it as exercise and not touch your activity level. If you are losing weigh at one activity level I would be hesitant to change it. Plus if you skip gardening on day for rain or something you calories would still be right. Just a suggestion, I'm definitely not an expert at this site.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I would keep the activity level the same and add the extra work. Like someone else said, if you don't do it one day then the numbers would still be correct. If you end up not losing then you could re-evaluate.