P90X - continue or start over??

Options
Last week was supposed to be my 3rd week of P90X. I had already done my week 3 Chest & Back and Plyometrics. On Tuesday I was supposed to do the Shoulders & Arms workout that night, but during the day I strained a muscle in my neck and was therefore unable to workout the rest of last week and still haven't been able to return. For the most part the pain is gone now but I am going away this weekend and would only be able to workout tonight, tomorrow and Thursday and then not again until Sunday. I'd rather take off these days to make sure I'm completely back to normal so as to not re-injure myself. So I will be getting back into it on Sunday, but not sure whether I should start over from the beginning, start week 3 over, or pick up where I left off.

By the time I continue on Sunday it will be almost 2 weeks since my last P90X workout. Since beginning P90X I've lost just 2 lbs and haven't really noticed any physical changes. Should I completely start over, just pick up at the beginning of week 3, or pick up exactly where I left off with Shoulders & Arms for week 3?

Replies

• slegris
    slegris Posts: 17
    Options
    Firstly, you will likely notice very little weight change throughout your entire 90 days of p90x...at least that was my experience. You gain so much muscle so quickly that it offsets the weight loss. That being said, i also didn't notice much change until the second 45 days. Then it was pretty dramatic...not like to fools on TV, but dramatic for me.

I had a couple of injuries along the way, but just start the week i missed over. So in the end my 90 days program took me 120 days. I am actually about to start my second round of it. STick to it, you will be glad you did.
  • bloomin824
    Options
    My wife & I just started week 5 of P90X. During week one she got sick and could only do 1/2 the work outs...instead of starting over we just kept going on to week 2. Our goal is to finish the workouts & to commit to something and do it for 3 months... just keep on going! I feel like if you start over a few times you will get discouraged. Also if the workout is something that hurts pick a different workout for that day untill you are feeling better. But keep on moving! My wife & I really don't like the Yoga disk- so we do Plyo on that day... Don't get discouraged- you will soon see results. We really started to see good results between week 3 & 4. We still have 2 more months to go- I can't wait to see how great we look and feel at the end!!

Good luck!