Zucchini and Yellow Squash w/ Parmesan

Options
redwngs13
redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
I made this last night cause I had some leftover squash and zucchini from the other night. It turned out really good! I based it off something my mom used to make that I liked a lot. This is a great summer side-dish when the squash is in season!

Zucchini and Yellow Squash w/ Parmesan (2 servings)

1 cup chopped zucchini
1 cup chopped yellow squash
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 TB butter
salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
1-2 TB parmesan cheese

Put the zucchini, squash, and onion in a sautee pan, add some water (about 1/4 cup). Place lid on pan and steam the veggies until they are softened (the onions will become translucent). If you need to add more water during this process feel free to do so. If there is water left in the pan when you think they are soft enough strain that out. Add the butter and incorporate it through so it's melted and add the seasonings to your taste. Mix all this so that the squashes start to mash together. At the end add parmesan cheese and incorporate so that it melts throughout. Top with more cheese if desired.

110 calories per serving, 9g carbs, 7g fat, 5g protein, 128g sodium

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I make this exact recipe just without the parm. Once all the water is out, I add the butter and let it all start carmelizing and getting yummy and browned on the bottom. It is AMAZING!!! I will have to try it with the parm