I stopped for 10 days and now I'm depressed...

Options
2»

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    The fact that you stopped is not the important thing here - it's the fact that you restarted. I have taken months off at a time and started and restarted more times than I can count. Have I gained? Yep. I did. But amazingly the damage wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

So here's the deal... remember that you've committed to change your life. Because this is your new life - you can't really cheat or fall off the wagon or quit... it's life, and it goes on. So you made some bad choices for a while - in your new life you take that knowledge and you move on. In my new life I will exercise more and eat better - but there will always have to be room in my new life for indulgences. I recently went to Hawaii for a once in a lifetime vacation... I ate what I wanted, drank way more than I ever have in my life and I had a great time! Did I gain a couple pounds - sure did... and ya know what? It was worth every pound. I wouldn't have missed one lava flow, one piece of pineapple, one moment of that vacation... I enjoyed it all. And I came home and I got on my treadmill and resolved that the next time I have my butt on a beach drinking Mai Tai's - I'll be wearing a bikini - not a skirted bathing suit!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    you cannot change the past...only make the future better
  • sheri1120
    sheri1120 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for all your kind words and support. I really needed to hear each and every comment that was made. I am on my second day back in, and I will take the advice not to weigh in this week. THANKS!!! :bigsmile:
  • KathyJoCherevka
    Options
    New beginning, need to keep up with three new grandsons born within the last 10 months. Lost eight lbs in two weeks. Have along way to go. Any tips.