Breakfast Ideas

Options
magichatter06
magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
I tend not to eat that many calories for breakfast because I eat most of my calories during dinner. Right now I am trying two pieces of ready to serve bacon which only comes out to 35 calories and then I have 4 peanut butter crackers around 10am which is about 140 cals.
I need something easy to make in the morning so I can take it to work with me. I was thinking about some type of bread/bagel (1 slice or 1/2) and cream cheese which seem seems to be pretty low in cals.
I still haven't tried egg beaters yet, I have this machine that makes bagels and eggs in a little place so I would try and use that.

Any ideas on low cal breakfast? Possibly 100 or less.

Replies

• magichatter06
    Options
    I tend not to eat that many calories for breakfast because I eat most of my calories during dinner. Right now I am trying two pieces of ready to serve bacon which only comes out to 35 calories and then I have 4 peanut butter crackers around 10am which is about 140 cals.
    I need something easy to make in the morning so I can take it to work with me. I was thinking about some type of bread/bagel (1 slice or 1/2) and cream cheese which seem seems to be pretty low in cals.
    I still haven't tried egg beaters yet, I have this machine that makes bagels and eggs in a little place so I would try and use that.

Any ideas on low cal breakfast? Possibly 100 or less.

• age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    How about those mini bagels. I believe there like 120 cal. Also add some fruit. They have them already sliced too. Not sure how you feel about yogurt but you can have that with some granola on it.
    Hope this helped:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I grab a 110 calorie Pria bar, a 100 calorie balance bar, or a 140 cal soy joy bar if i'm not doing cereal, they are enough to fill me up until my next meal and I can eat and run. Soy Joy are the best to keep you full until lunch imo.
  • AJneuro
    AJneuro Posts: 33
    Options
    I am a bagel addict -- and they are notorious for being high calorie/carb foods -- BUT -- The alternative bagel company makes low carb bagels -- plane, onion and cinnamon spice. They are avg 110 cals and 22-25 carbs and about the size of a normal bagel -- BUT it gets better --the altenrative bagel also makes the Perfect 10 bagel -- healthy grain -- it is a regular size bagel -- 140 calories and 19 carbs -- lots of fiber and like 10 grams of protein -- I love them toasted with fat free cream cheese and sugar free jelly - or almond butter and jelly -- I buy them at albertsons, ralphs (kroger/ king soopers) -- i saw they also make and alternative english muffin -- haven't tried it yet though

Also, jimmy deans d-lights are an egg,sausage and cheese muffin sandwhich that cook in the microwave in like 3 minutes -- 240 cals, 7g fat and like 30 carbs (this is a guess from memory -- may not be completely accurate!)
  • magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a Light Yoplait yoghurt (my flavor is Berries 'n Cream, but you can use whatever you want) with granola mixed in. You can also throw in blueberries or sliced fruit. It's even better when you put it in the freezer for a while. :D
  • Carol123
    Carol123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i have alot of fresh fruit, i cut it up an i put the fruit in 100 calorie plastic container , so its ready when i am
  • racoon1
    racoon1 Posts: 78
    Options
    just starting back on my own diet that helped me lose 21lbs. Bagels, not part of that agenda cause carbs are still high. so anyway I have a choice of instant oatmeal (190cals), or 1/2 cup egg whites(60cals), or 1 scoop protien shake ( Kaizen brand) with so good soy milk no sugar added (187 cals). Then I eat an apple and hr or two later. Apples are just great for the digestive system I can't say enough about them.
  • klarson
    klarson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a Light Yoplait yoghurt (my flavor is Berries 'n Cream, but you can use whatever you want) with granola mixed in. You can also throw in blueberries or sliced fruit. It's even better when you put it in the freezer for a while. :D

I enjoy eating light strawberry yoplait yogurt with a tbsp of nestle mini chocolate chips!! Yum! Good for a breakfast (100cal yogurt 70cal chocolate) AND good for a dessert :bigsmile:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Lite whole grain english muffins are 100 calories each and if you only ate half you could have egg beaters 30 cals and a slice of ff cheese 20 cals? I like cooked mushrooms on mine and it doesn't really add many calories at all. All for 100 cals (excluding mushrooms)
  • magichatter06
    Options
    That all sounds delicious! I usually eat yogurt as my afternoon snack. Yoplait light strawberry or harvest peach.
  • healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    You should try making smoothies with lowfat milk! Fruit has barely any calories in it and no fat(depending on the fruit, bananas, grapes strawberries don't) and you can just add milk and ice in a blender and you can eat all your fruits for the day in that one meal if you want. Its good to have a mid morning snack as well, like the crackers you mentioned too.

Also, try low fat yoplait yogurt mixed with a fruit or many fruits and then crunch up Total cereal and sprinkle it on top. I heard thats really yummy and a good way to start your day.

good luck!
    :heart: Danielle
  • BunnyHop
    BunnyHop Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a half of a whole wheat bagel with just a bit of reduced fat cream cheese on it.

I don't add very much cream cheese at all, just enough to get a hint of texture and flavor.

120 calories for the half bagel, and I'm guessing less than 35 calories for the cream cheese (I don't use the full amount listed in the measurement, and I'm not yet obsessed enough to figure out the calorie count for myself, so I just go with the number listed.)

That and a cup of coffee with some sugar and some half and half is more than enough breakfast for me.

I try to make sure to eat some protein with every meal, it seems to help me keep from feeling hungry.