Parsnips

Options
stephstrege
stephstrege Posts: 62 Member
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for low fat, low sodium ways to prepare and cook parsnips.

TIA!!!

Replies

• whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    boil them with carrots and mash together with a bit of pepper hmmmmmmmm
  • Omicron
    Omicron Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    They are really good roasted with other root veggies and a little olive oil. I also like them mashed with some turnip. Veggie soup is another good place for them, dice them up just like you would carrots.
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    peel and cut into lengthwise strips. Either toss in a bit of olive oil or spray the baking sheet with Pam. Roast at 375 for about 20 mins. YUM!!!

(you can also then make a roasted parsnip soup which is out-flipping-standing with them)
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Carrot & parsnip mashed together is awesome
  • sweetsunlover
    Options
    steam them , i steam all my veg best way to keep all vitamins in if u make sure u dont overcook them .
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    part boil then roast, u dont have 2 use oil but they just taste better with it :smile:
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    They are really good roasted with other root veggies and a little olive oil. I also like them mashed with some turnip. Veggie soup is another good place for them, dice them up just like you would carrots.

THEY ARE MY FAV ROASTED ROOT!
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I got turned on to Parsnips...and I LOVE them!
  • Talazws
    Talazws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love them roasted with turnips and carrots! Just chop everything up, put on a cookie sheet with a little olive oil, add some spices if you want, and roast!n I also recently added tofu to the mix, and was surprised to see how well it all went together. If you add tofu, cube it and marinade it first. I usually make a marinade with spicy mustard, a little soy sauce, and whatever spices I want all mixed together. Then just roast it as you would the veggies.

I also like to add roasted parsnips to my salad if I have any left over. They are pretty good cold!